It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Finance Manager to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
The Finance Manager is a key member of staff in the Country Programme tasked with leading on the routine financial accounting functions which includes ensuring proper maintenance of accounting records, administration of financial controls, managing donor compliance, production of financial reports. The role will further support the Head of Finance to implement effective and efficient financial controls within the context of the country strategy as well as the global finance team objectives.
To be successful, you will need the following:
- Fully completed accounting qualification/certification e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA or a master’s degree in an accounting and finance field.
- Experience in financial management with proven work experience as a Finance Manager or similar role in an International NGO.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of government policies and regulations on financial management and taxation
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in using SUN systems and vision
- Knowledge of water, sanitation or hygiene projects and basic understanding of Project Management
- Personal integrity, respect for gender, diversity and organizational cultural.
You can find the full Job Description and the application form HERE >>
Fill in the application form and send with a cover letter to [email protected] by 6th August 2021 stating Finance Manager in the subject line.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability and gender confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
No recruitment agencies please.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda