Program / Department Summary
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Uganda, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Programs and other Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of Finance Officer and Finance Director, the field finance officer is responsible for assigned field office finances, compliance, budget monitoring, reporting, resources management, coordination with others, etc. He/she is also responsible for updating and tracking all assets and finance files. He/she is responsible to make sure that all AAM, segregation of duties and policies and procedures are respected as per the FFM, procurement manual, assets mgt and other manuals/policies and procedures. Tracks contracts, leases and procurements for the office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare checks or wire transfer payments based on fully approved documents and present them to final authorizers for EFTs
- Receive all documentation from other departments for finance review and assign them to respective finance reviewers as per AAM and update the tracker regularly.
- Coordinate with KMP and submit documents for weekly posting.
- Ensure Moroto Cash is well managed including petty cash replenishments, Cash counts and safety guidelines adhered to.
- Perform accurate Weekly and end month cash counts and reconciliations for Moroto cash transactions
- Ensuring that all supplier payments have receipts acknowledging payment attached to them in a timely manner.
- Ensure that compliance to the Approval levels of all supporting documents (quotation analysis, POs, PRs, Payment requests) before proceeding to make a payment
- Making entry of Cash transactions in Field connect Accounting Software for review by the FO and posting.
- Stamping of All transactions for Kampala office with PAID and CLEARED stamp respectively as per requirement.
- Scanning Finance documents and saving then on Finance google drive weekly.
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain a systematic voucher filing system, well labelled such that files are clearly identifiable.
- Maintaining an updated advance register for Moroto office and ensuring that employee advances are cleared within the limits of MC advance policy.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly to: Finance Officer
Works Directly with: Senior Finance Officers, Field Finance Coordinator, Program staff, Support, Heads (Operations, Logistics & Human resources) and other MC staff.
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff members are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Knowledge and Experience
- Two or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience as finance assistant.
- A degree in accounting/Finance or a relevant business field is desirable, with or pursuing a professional course is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with financial reports preparation and
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- International NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
- Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Willing to travel to Mercy Corps offices and take temporary assignments.
- Strong analytical skills including attention to details are essential
An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
Closes: 17th May 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Moroto, Uganda