Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will provide financial support to Jhpiego Uganda Office and related programs to ensure the smooth running of the office. This includes handling day to day financial operations with particular emphasis on accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash management, processing payments.
Emphasis will be directed to ensuring that financial management is conducted in compliance with Jhpiego and donor policies, and maintain an effective financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure integrity of Jhpiego’s financial operations.
- Preliminary review of vendor invoices and staff advances to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity according to Jhpiego and donor guidelines
- Process vendors, mobile wallet payments and advance payments in QBE on a timely basis.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts payable and receivables and ensure timely settlement of bills
- Review expense reports to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data before posting to QBE
- Ensure that payment vouchers are stamped PAID, filed in an orderly manner and
- Ensure that payment vouchers are scanned, uploaded to QBE and saved on OneDrive on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that expense reports are generated that are compatible with standard accounting practice, JHU/Jhpiego and donor policies, and are filed on a timely basis
- Review staff advance ageing, provide updates to staff on their advance accounts on a regular basis, and ensure timely settlement of the advances
- Provide guidance/ feedback to the Finance Officer to ensure the sound functioning of the Jhpiego Uganda Office, including any issues that are likely to compromise the Internal controls of Jhpiego
- Be keen to ensure that all operations and processes applied on daily basis are in compliance with Jhpiego and donor guidelines
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum CPA II or equivalent
- Minimum of Three (3) years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation.
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Work with supervisor to enforce broad compliance standards as required by Jhpiego
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda