IDI has received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The Finance and Operations Manager will oversee operations for all the three (3) USAID LPHS-TB Activity offices. This comprises oversight of the finance, supply chain, administration and human resources functions.
- Manage all budget, accounting and finance activities including preparation and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and projections.
- Support decision making with key project personnel by availing relevant and timely financial information and analyses linking project deliverables to financial outlays.
- Ensure appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments and planning are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds, and have the proper internal controls.
- In coordination with IDI central functions, ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies, as well as IDI finance / grants management policies.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Develop or ensure availability of grant-specific tools for financial management and reporting, for both USAID and internal management needs
- Liaise directly with USAID contacts on financial matters
- Implement and continuously monitor fraud mitigation practices
Operational and supply chain
- Manage project operations including office space, equipment and other administrative duties
- Oversee the logistics of the project offices, including management and control of logistics for project activities implementation
- Conduct logistics contingency planning and anticipate potential obstacles, project solutions to mitigate risk and ensure successful implementation
- Ensure that assets, inventories, and supplies are reconciled, documented, and replenished in a timely fashion, and that they are used and managed in compliance with USAID regulations and IDI policies.
- Develop quarterly and half yearly procurement plans in line with the project work plan
- Manage procurements and ensure appropriate processes are followed for needs assessment, vendor selection, subcontracts and purchase orders, timely delivery and vendor payments in accordance with USAID regulations and IDI policies
- Support Human Resources duties, such as trainings to other staff and local subcontractors on USAID and IDI financial processes and expense reporting.
- Support HR-related operations of the project team, in collaboration with IDI HR team including staff management, safety & security.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in finance and grants management, with a minimum of 3 years of mid or senior-level responsibility for administration and finance
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of multi-disciplinary teams, with an excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills.
- Dynamic individual with analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Rigorous and detail-orientation that can deliver high-quality work
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or related field. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of an Advanced degree.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda