IDI submitted an application for a proposed five-year transition Award, Defeat TB entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-Central Region. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The Finance and Operations Manager will oversee operations for all the three (3) USAID LPHS-Central Region Activity offices. This includes oversight of procurement, grants, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, and records.
- Lead overall project field operations including financial, administrative, procurement, logistics, and human resource responsibilities
- Managing the Activity budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID
- In coordination with IDI headquarter office, ensure project compliance with USAID and IDI financial procedures, rules, and regulations
- Manage all field procurements and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained from management prior to making procurements.
- Ensure the timely submission of financial reports and monthly field expenses
- Manage payments to vendors and ensure that all paid invoices have supporting documentation, including price quotes per IDI’s and USAID’s procedures for procurement
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies
- Manage project operations including office space, equipment, logistics, and other administrative duties
- Make logistical arrangements for the team and manage drivers and vehicles
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of USAID LPHS-Central Region Activity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Ten (10) years’ experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, construction, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements; and
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to prepare clear concise financial and procurement-related reports
- Demonstrated experience in onsite training, mentorship and QI coaching approaches
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda