The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is a ministry of the Society of Jesus, incorporated as an international nongovernmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organisation was founded in November 1980 and now has a presence in 57 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support and guidance of an international office (IO) in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term well-being of refugees and displaced people while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. The main services provided are in the fields of Education and Livelihoods, Reconciliation, MHPSS and Advocacy.
Under the direct supervision of the Livelihood Coordinator, the Fashion and Design instructor has the overall responsibility for providing skills for the selected beneficiaries. Carry out monthly course assessments and evaluation for enrolled trainees. Provide career guidance to the trainees
- Develop a JRS curriculum for Fashion and Design training
- Provide tailoring skills training to enrolled beneficiaries
- Conduct beneficiary selection interviews for recruitment purpose
- Carry out monthly course assessments and evaluation for enrolled trainees
- Listen to the needs of trainees and provide the necessary support and referrals for support they need
- Provide safety and health awareness training for fashion and design trainees
- Monitor students’ attendance and progress
- Laisse with other relevant accredited vocational training institutions
- Ensure successful course completion by the students
- Collaborate with other team members
- Write periodic training reports on the progress of students
- Participate in departmental planning, assessment budgeting, monitoring and evaluation meetings
- Create an atmosphere that is conducive to trainees
- Maintain beneficiary records
- Maintain flexibility and patience when working with vulnerable trainees
- Maintain strict confidentiality of beneficiary and staff information as well as JRS internal matters
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- At least a diploma in Fashion and Design from a recognized institution.
- At least three (03) years practical working experience in similar role of teaching, preferably in humanitarian INGO in a similar job setting.
- Experience in offering Fashion and Design curriculum development and implementation
- Experience in managing people/teams
- Adaptability: to be able to endure basic living and working conditions for a duration of time
- Autonomy: to be autonomous and able to take initiatives within the limit of the rules set up by the supervisor
- Respect: to be open-minded and respectful of the community with whom JRS values and works with.
- Adherence: to the internal rules and, more particularly, the JRS staff and security rules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Very good pastoral sense, listening abilities and inter-personal skills.
- Willingness to work and live in West Nile region.
- Work with integrity, impartiality, fairness, confidentiality, and the ability to respect confidence.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an active team.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills used in planning own work and ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Office 365).
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit will be considered as an added advantage.
How to Apply
- Written application explaining why you are interested in the above position and how you meet the qualities and qualification criteria.
- Attach a CV with maximum 2 pages. The CV should contain information about your qualifications, relevant trainings, work experience, names and contact details of three (3) professional referees.
- You must send your CV and application as a single pdf file
- Applications should be sent online to Jesuit Refugee Service Uganda at email@example.com
Note: JRS has a Child Safeguarding (CS) Policy in place and expects all staff to read, sign and adhere to it.
Deadline: March 28th, 2023.
No late applications will be considered – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. JRS is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-discrimination policy in place.**
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Adjumani, Adjumani, Uganda