Under the oversight of the Regional Client Services Manager, The FSA Network Project Officer will assist the AgFinance team in managing an existing Farmers Support Agent (FSA) network in Masaka, Mityana & Mubende in conjunction with the Uganda Coffee Farmers Alliance (UCFA). The FSA Network Project Officer is also responsible for developing and maintaining partner relationships, conducting value chain assessments, identifying key risks, ensuring project deliverables, and proposing recommended solutions to implementation hurdles.
24 month fixed term contract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide Management Support
- Assist the AgFinance team with overall management and administration support of the FSA network models with various commercial partners.
- Take a leading role in ensuring a cordial working relationship with all stakeholders: including Farmers, Financial Institution partners, Private Sector partners, Ugandan Government staff, and international government staff where relevant.
- Monitor the data collection activities of the FSAs & provide technical support where necessary.
- Provide troubleshooting and systems support to the partners & FSAs utilizing the Farmer Management System (FMS).
- Facilitate the regular FSA TOT sessions in coordination with the project partners.
- Ensure the effective delivery of the FSA led trainings at the farmer group level.
- Identify hurdles & bottlenecks to the success of the model and where possible suggest and implement solutions.
- Develop a clear understanding of the aims and objectives of project partners. Determine if the model can be improved to better accommodate partner objectives.
- Lead on effective use of data, ensuring value addition for OI and all partners, and work with Financial Institution partner staff to pursue common goals in developing and growing business through the project.
- Develop a good working relationship with Opportunity Bank agricultural finance staff as well as a good working knowledge of the financial products offered.
- To coordinate with the three key branches (Mityana, Mubende and Masaka) to ensure that there is seamless communication regarding on-the-ground factors that may affect project success.
- To be the liaison between Opportunity Bank and O I, ensuring that there is alignment in project purpose and goals.
- Support data collection for the development of internal and external narrative reports. Regularly monitor data integrity, analytics, and output metrics; identify data needs and produce monthly reports to share with relevant partners.
- Work with the OI AgFinance team to develop effective management reporting systems & procedures.
- Weekly update reports to OI AgFin Management noting progress on project deliverables as well as challenges faced.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Assist OI in conducting impact assessments using monitoring and evaluation tools developed by Opportunity.
- Monitor progress against logical framework indicators.
- Track client success stories.
- Report into OI with data on impact, to assess the effectiveness, scalability, and impact of the new products and to recommend any further refinement.
- Provide overall FSA network management support to the OI AgFinance team across commercial and Financial Institution (FI) partners.
- Provide technical support to FSAs using the Impact Atlas Farmer Management system and facilitate the payment of agreed incentives to active FSAs.
- Assist in the development of standardized FSA network systems and processes.
- Work closely with project partners (Farmers, OBUL & UCFA) to identify areas of improvement in the FSA network model.
- Providing management support to Farmer Support Agents in conjunction with UCFA.
- Degree or Diploma in agriculture, business, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in agriculture, working with smallholder farmer groups. Preferably at a management or supervisory level.
- Project management skills to effectively perform activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high standards.
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain business networks and to effectively communicate with other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Strategic awareness to contribute to the strategy of growing business for partner Financial Institutions.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, Android Apps. Must be able to demonstrate competency.
- Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork, and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture in agriculture.
- Relevant professional qualifications in agriculture, microfinance, banking, ICT, extension services, finance, or marketing provide added advantages.
- Fluency in English & Luganda
- Regional Manager
- Regional Client Services Manager
- Position to be based in Kampala with frequent domestic travel (50%) throughout project areas.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda