Agribusinesses that work for smallholder farmers is another key role we play in the society, focusing on high-value crops such as macadamia and avocados. As an Extension and Aggregation officer, you will work with Farmers and also a team of support workers. You will be reporting to the E & A coordinator in the Market Access team. The Extension and Aggregation Officer role is also an important role, as they are the connecting link between farmers and Swiss Africa Aid, and on daily basis, they ensure that the farmers are trained, comply, and coordinate harvesting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop knowledge of the standard market requirements
- Farmer training- Advising farmers on intervention methods to use on pests and diseases.
- Train Farmer groups in food safety and hygiene methods.
- Train Farmer groups in health safety methods.
- Record and maintain records of production as required by the Macadamia buying centre or Avocado QMS on behalf of the farmer groups.
- Carry out a time-to-time farm risk assessment and crop scouting.
- Conduct and ensure the smooth certification training, inspection and audit of all registered farmers.
- Create the reports to share with his/her supervisors to update operational movements.
- Develop his/her farmer base based on the given target for the given season.
- Work and improve the macadamia buying process in the assigned buying centers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 1+ years of work experience in an agricultural-related field.
- A track record in planning field activities and troubleshooting issues
- Able to coordinate teams for harvesting and sourcing from smallholders
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Coaching skills to develop junior team members
- Minimum Education; diploma in agriculture, agricultural-related field or higher level of training on field related activities
- Language: English required
How To Apply
Send applications to Mr Davis at email@example.com
Click Here to Apply via our portal
- Salary Offer 0-ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda