Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
Duration: 60 – 120 working days
Reports to: MCHN EVD Response Team Lead
The Officer will provide ongoing level of effort support to KCCA Division teams to continue rolling out KCCA EVD response plan interventions, with emphasis on private health facilities/ drug shops and community pharmacies. He/ She will support KCCA efforts to expand components of EVD Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) at facility and community level.
Roles and responsibilities:
• In collaboration with KCCA, map out private health facilities, pharmacies, and drug shops within each division for EVD targeted IPC support.
• In collaboration with KCCA and other partners, assist in quick development and execution of division-coordinated EVD/IPC training plans for private health facilities, pharmacies, and drug shops.
• In collaboration with KCCA, assist in coordination of IPC assessment for private health facilities, pharmacies, and drug shops within each division. IPC assessment will be standardized using the MOH/WHO IPC score card.
• Create linkages with other partners supporting KCCA in the EVD response.
Required experience and qualifications:
• A basic diploma or bachelor’s degree in medicine, or nursing/midwifery. A master’s degree in public health or a related discipline.
• A master’s degree in public health with specialization in Epidemiology, Health promotion & prevention, or health services management will be of added advantage.
• Experience in emergency public health interventions will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in public health program implementation.
• Experience in response to epidemics working with multiple partners will be of added advantage.
• Ability to work with and understand health data and health management information systems, including presentation of data in creative ways.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with health facility and division teams
How to apply
Interested and Qualified, Submit your applications to Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 25th, November 2022
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda