Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
Duration: 60 – 120 working days
Reports to: EVD Response Team Lead.
The holder will provide ongoing support to KCCA Division teams to effectively support KCCA EVD response plan implementation at Division and facility level with emphasis on private health facilities/ drug shops and community pharmacies. He/ She will support KCCA efforts to expand components of EVD Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) at facility and community level.
Roles and responsibilities:
• In collaboration with KCCA, assist in ensuring that USAID MCHN inputs for IPC for targeted private healthcare facilities are appropriately aligned to key components of the IPC pillars in the KCCA and MOH EVD response plan.
• In collaboration with KCCA and other partners, assist in the development and execution of division-level IPC training plans for targeted private health facilities, pharmacies, and drug shops.
• In collaboration with KCCA, assist in coordination of IPC assessment for private-for-profit healthcare facilities, pharmacies, and drug shops within each division
• Purposely build and maintain partnerships and linkages with other actors in the IPC space for KCCA’s EVD response
• In collaboration with KCCA, assist in mapping out private health facilities, pharmacies, and drug shops within each division for EVD targeted IPC support.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• A basic diploma or bachelor’s degree in medicine, nursing/midwifery, social sciences, or public health/related disciplines. Experience in emergency public health interventions will be an added advantage
• Experience in infectious diseases for 1-2 years
• A master’s degree in public health with specialization in Epidemiology, Health promotion & prevention, health management will be an added advantage
• Must be registered with their respective professional councils
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in public health program implementation.
• Experience in response to epidemics working with multiple partners will be of added advantage.
• Ability to work with and understand health data and health management information systems, including presentation of data in creative ways
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with health facility and division team
How to apply
Interested and Qualified, Submit your applications to Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 25th, November 2022
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda