Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
The Emergency Medical Technician is required to be one of the first healthcare professionals to arrive at the scene of an emergency. The main role of this position is to ensure timely arrival of the ambulance at the scene of an emergency, provide emergency medical care on site and in the course of transportation to the health facility. 24-hour shift work (including weekends) is usually a standard requirement of the job.
- Responding to emergency calls and coordinating with the emergency response teams to ensure appropriate patient referral;
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment, making working diagnoses and referral to appropriate health facility;
- Monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions accordingly in line with one’s scope of practice;
- Dressing wounds/injuries;
- Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit;
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment;
- Helping provide patient care at the health facilities;
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends;
- Teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly;
- Mentoring and supervising the ambulance care assistant/volunteer assigned to work in the ambulance;
- Actively participate and make presentations during Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions that are conducted periodically;
- Take inventory of ambulance consumables (medicines, medical sundries) and equipment and promptly notify the supervisor in case of stock-outs or malfunctioning equipment;
- Work with the branch leadership to ensure effective partner engagements and safety of the ambulance and equipment;
- Compile and submit work plans and periodic reports on patient evacuations/referrals, partner and community engagements and the status of the ambulance equipment;
- Attend program and stakeholder meetings and make meaningful contributions;
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned occasionally.
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies:
|Knowledge and Skills
Download application template from here
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
The full job description and application form can be viewed and downloaded from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 27th March 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda