VACANCY-02: Election Officer/Cartographer
No. of Vacancies: One (1)
Directorate: Technical Support Services
Department: Information Technology
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Reports to: Senior Election Officer/In-charge Cartography Section
Salary Scale: ECS5
Job Role: To design, draw, compile and revise electoral maps, plans, charts and any
other related data the Electoral Commission may be interested in.
Key Result Areas:
- Collecting mapping data on boundaries of newly established Administrative Units and Towns in the whole country for purposes of demarcating electoral areas;
- Verifying boundaries of Administrative Units;
- Assisting in the production and publication of up-to-date electoral maps.
- Responsible for drawing office equipment and ensuring they are in good working condition;
- Assisting in the preparation of the strategic plan for the Drawing Office in line with the Electoral Commission Strategic Plan;
- Any other duties as may be officially assigned from time to time.
Minimum academic qualifications:
An Honors Bachelors Degree in Cartography, Geography, Geomatics or a related field (e.g. Earth Science or Surveying), and a Post Graduate Certificate in Geographical Positioning System (GPS) or completion of a certification course in Geographical Information Systems (GIS)/Computer Aided Design (CAD) or a related field of study such as mapping software like ArcView/ArcInfo including 3D Analyst and Maplex.
Preferred skills and competencies:
1. Interest in graphics, design, geo-information and maps;
2. Patient and an eye for detail;
3. Computer literacy in graphic design, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and mapping software;
4. Ability to meet tight deadlines under minimum or no supervision;
5. Meticulous and thorough approach to work;
6. Technically minded, and able to cope with changes in technology.
Professional experience in GIS techniques and methodologies, or working experience with cartography and earth science, spatial data types, geographic spatial reference systems and metadata is an added advantage.
Age: Between twenty-two (22) years and fifty (50) years.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 6th October, 2023
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Secretary, Electoral Commission
P.O. Box 22678
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda