Job Title: Education, Youth & Adolescent (EYA) Specialist
Position Type: Full time
Number of Positions: 01
Reports to: Program Director
Contract Length: 2 year (Fixed)
Start Date: October, 2023
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Director (PD), this role will be part of the Program Delivery Team. The EYA specialist will lead in making FH the partner of choice in Education, Youth and Adolescent programming in Uganda. Provide substantive and hands-on support to Area Programs (APs) and technical officers to implement the FH Y&A strategy. The incumbent will be the go to person for FH’s Community System for Accountability and Feedback (C-SAFE). Gender, diversity, Protection and inclusion strategic initiatives. Will ensure strong policy engagement, collaboration, private sector partnerships in the areas of Youth entrepreneurship, skills development, Adolescent, Sexual, Reproductive Health Rights(ASRHR), Y&A participation and engagement Will also promote organizational growth and portfolio diversification and contribute to strategy development whilst positioning FH across all districts of operation in the EYA space
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Education, Youth & Adolescent (EYA) Program strategy implementation (20%)
• Strategic partnerships development for business acquisition and growth (15%)
• Program Quality and impact (25%)
• Networking and External Engagement with technical Sorking groups, donors, potential partners C-SAFE, Gender, Protection and Inclusion (2006)
Education & Experience
• Typically, 5+ years of experience in Education, Youth & Adolescent programing, compliance, external engagement, Gender mainstreaming, Safeguarding, financial and project management experience. Experience with working with private and institutional donors. This will include UNWFP. UNFAO, UNHCR. UKAID/FCDO, GIZ, KOICA. USAID, EU-ECHO, PRIA
• Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Education development studies/social sciences, law, Entrepreneurship, Business studies.
• Master’s degree in development studies/Social sciences, Education, Public health, Business Administration project management preferred includes conducting surveys and assessments to determine training needs, mobilizing and sensitizing communities and stakeholders, forming participants’ groups, designing and conducting training of project participants in business skills, mentorship, financial literacy and inclusion. Visit/follow up of crop development, creation of inarket linkages, and periodically advise/support beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of the project according to project design document and result framework.
NOTE: Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Employment with FH offers an attractive package which includes a good salary commensurate to one’s role, a good medical insurance package for staff and dependents, provident fund, GPA and provision for other statutory requirements.
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MR of an onlication letter a detailed CV
FHU is an equal opportunity employer.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com not later than Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th September, 2022
Safeguarding & Protection Clause: FH strives to provide an environment free from Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud, FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat, Anti-Fraud, Safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Food for the Hungry Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud & HR policy. In line with this we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Disclaimer: t has come to our attention that several agencies or persons, are claiming to be acting on Food for the Hungry’s (FH)behalf in recruiting or facilitating the recruitment of personnel. FH does not outsource its recruitment process to any organization or agency which, through website postings, mass e-mail messages or otherwise claims to be doing recruitment on its behalf. FH does not solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing. interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. FH will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda