Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
|Title||Drivers for Land Cruisers & Trucks (Buffer list recruitment pending funding)|
|Reports||Technically to Fleet and Logistics Officer and administratively to Program Manager|
|Location||Field-based, various locations
|Duration||One (1) Year renewable (subject to annual funding)|
The role of the Driver for Land Cruisers & Trucks will be to provide transport services and maintain vehicles assigned in line with URCS Vehicle Management Policy and Procedures 2017.
- Drive authorized staff, volunteers, delegates and visitors to and from various locations as per organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Safely drive URCS fleet vehicles for the transport of passengers and cargo as instructed and ensure that all occupants of the vehicle are wearing safety belts;
- Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical condition at all times and in line with URCS Policies;
- Pick, deliver and account for all correspondences (mails, messages, parcels, etc.) in line with instructions and office practice;
- Plan and budget for the vehicle and provide other logistical support and prepare periodic accountabilities;
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes, and internally agreed standards. Understand and obey all applicable traffic signs, rules and regulations;
- Make correct entries into the vehicle log book and ensure proper records are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc.);
- Compile and submit monthly mileage, fuel and maintenance reports to Logistics Officer;
- Report all vehicle and driving related incidents to the Logistics Officer including minor and major accidents, vehicle performance and maintenance issues etc;
- Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly;
- Work closely with staff, volunteers and delegates assigned on a timely basis;
- Make any such repairs that are necessary for the efficient operation of the vehicle including changing of tryres in case of puncture, changing oils, car batteries etc;
- Follow up on monthly service repairs and report to supervisor;
- Refill the vehicle with fuel at designated fueling stations;
- Coordinate with Logistics Officer to ensure timely replenishment of fuel cards, routine vehicle repair and maintenance and validity of vehicle insurance;
- Ensure tool kits, fire extinguisher and first aid kit of the vehicle are maintained;
- Drive and take good care of the vehicle and other equipment fitted on the vehicle;
- Be available on daily basis during the hours agreed with the Uganda Red Cross Society;
- Refrain from any action which may adversely affect the reputation of the Uganda Red Cross Society;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies:
|Knowledge and Skills
Download application template from here
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
The full job description and application form can be viewed anddownloaded from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 27th March 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda