Context and background
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
IFDC is recruiting for the above project in Uganda.
“Building Resilience and Inclusive Growth of Highland farming systems for rural Transformation”(BRIGHT) will target over 100,000 Ugandan highland households in Kigezi, Mt Elgon, and Rwenzori regions, building project interventions from the ground up that are based on the aspirations and needs of targeted farming households and communities. BRIGHT seeks to build the resilience capacity of farm households and the farming systems to recover from external shocks in an ever-changing context through absorption, adaptation, and transformation and, in so doing, increase incomes and food and nutritional security of all farmers, from subsistence-oriented farm households to more market-oriented ones.
The proposed project aims to achieve the following main impacts:
- Increased resilience, nutritional outcomes, and income for smallholder farm households; and
- Increased eco-efficient farming, making sustainable use of and protecting natural resources
IFDC is seeking to recruit 5 qualified individual to fill the position drivers for the above project. The above staff will be based in Fort Portal, Mbale and Kabale Field offices (2 Drivers in Mbale, 2 drivers in Kabale and 1 drive in Fort Portal)
The above drivers will be required to offer logistic support to project staff as assigned by their supervisors or his/her designee.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Transport staff on official trip and ensure transportation of goods as needed.
- Collects Goods when necessary, or plan for delivery with the suppliers.
- Ensure the fleet car are in good condition (physical/mechanical) and is responsible for cleaning, service and maintenance.
- Ensure the vehicle insurance is up to date and IFDC and traffic policies and rules are adhered to.
- Maintain the fuel card and logbook with updated information on consumption and service.
- Assist with any task related to support facility services and maintenance.
- Ensure vehicle worksheets and maintenance records are always up to date.
- Support project staff during events and field activities.
Supervision and team collaboration
The Drivers will be supervised by and report to the NAFO. They will also technically work closely with the Senior Driver
Position and duty station
These are national positions with a duty in BRIGHT field office in Mbale(2), Kabale(2) & Fort Portal(1) field offices.
The position requires intensive travels (up to 50% of the time) in target regions in Uganda
This is a senior position that requires highly motivated and self-driven individuals with the following qualifications.
- Ordinary level certification
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar or closely related role
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- First Aid & Defensive driving certification is required
- NGO working experience is mandatory
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Basic computer skills required(Ms word & Excel)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda