Organization: Nsamizi Training Institute for Social Development
Project Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Logistics Officer
Nsamizi Training Institute for Social Development is an Implementing Partner (IP) for UNHCR that positively contributes IOWBTGS improving sustainable living standards of refugees and other Persons of Concern, through; Provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods and Environment & Energy services in refugee and hosting populations. With funding from UNHCR, Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development, is to carryout recruitment of staff to work on its UNHCR funded project in lnsingiro, Kyegegwa and Kamwenge Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive project vehicles to give service to Staff as required and given schedule by the Assistant Logistics Officer
- Carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water, Tyre pressure condition, etc.)
- Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform the Assistant Logistics Officer of any faults as and they occur
- Maintain neat & accurate records of all journeys in the vehicle logbook.
- Carry out the daily vehicle check and inventory.
- Report immediately any damage or accident to the Assistant logistics Officer correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident or complaints
- Responsible for the collection. storage, transport and ﬁnal delivery of all goods in his/ her vehicle
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold an O Level Certiﬁcate
- A Minimum of valid driving licenses -A, B, DL
- Good command of the English language
- Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field,
- Ability to work ﬂexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organizations Driving, Road Transport St Traffic regulations
- Team-oriented, ﬂexible and keen to take initiative
- Ability to communicate with impact and Respect
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver an application letter, curriculum vitae and all academic documents to:
Nsamizi Training Institute for Social Development,
- 0. Box 149, Mpigi.
Address: Mpigi campus
Deadline: 3rd March 2021
- Address Uganda