Reports to: Field Coordinator
Supervisor of: None
Duty station: Kyangwali
Duration and type of contract: 6 Months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: Dedication, Innovation, Inclusivity and Accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Position open to Ugandan Nationals only. Females candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance /service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical/vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
- The Driver shall strictly follow the traffic rules and speed limits applicable, and shall always drive in a safe, considerate and defensive manner. In case of an accident the driver shall ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed, including filling in the accident report form.
- The Driver is responsible for cleaning and daily maintenance of the vehicle and shall ensure that it is in a safe running condition. He/she is also responsible for checking of oil level, water level, battery, brakes, tires, etc., and that the vehicle is at all times equipped with a first aid kit, a good spare tire and all prescribed tools and equipment. He/she will report promptly and in writing to NRC is some tools are missing.
- The driver is responsible for filling the logbook for all trips and to ensure that other drivers that may use the vehicle to do the same.
- The Driver shall ensure that all required licenses, insurance cards and vehicle permits are valid and available in the vehicle including accident reports. He/she must also ensure that own driving licence and other relevant driving papers are up to date.
- The Driver shall follow the instructions given in the Checklist from the NRC Drivers’ Manual.
- The Driver is responsible for performing minor repairs. If major repairs are needed these should be reported to the supervisor before making arrangements.
- The Driver shall provide logistical support to NRC Teams during field missions, trainings and workshops.
- The Driver shall assist the Logistics Assistants and store clerks during packing goods for the NRC stores.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English Language
- The ideal applicant must hold O Level Certificate. A level and above will be added advantage
- Driving permit class of either CM, CH, DL, DM or DH
- A minimum of four years’ experience in driving, with clean driving record preferably in humanitarian context.
- Hold a certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- A certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in insecure .environments is critical.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Available and willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda