Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Fleet Coordinator
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Admin Logistical support:
- Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving taking into account prevailing weather and driving conditions to avoid accidents.
- Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations, and to Plan policies and procedures.
- Record the place of destination before departure and complete the vehicle usage record to indicate vehicle movement.
- Carry out daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order with valid insurance policies.
- Identify and report all mechanical faults and any accidents immediately to the supervisor so that appropriate action is taken.
- Conduct monthly inspection of the assigned vehicle and inform the supervisor of any observation that needs attention.
- Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of Plan and for the convenience of the users.
- Serve as the contact person for vehicle repairs and servicing and review invoices and services reports before they are submitted for payment.
- Deliver and collect mail and other documents to and from various offices, post office regularly and ensure its safety as and when requested.
- Train and test drivers and riders as may be requested, and submit recommendation to the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plan International Driver job must hold an O’ level certificate of education
- Valid driving licence for classes CM & DL
- Certificate in Defensive Driving is an added advantage
- Certificate in Customer care is an added advantage
- At least three years of experience driving in a reputable organisation
- Knowledge of simple Mechanical repairs
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
- Good team work and excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th March 2021
- Address Kampala, Central Region, Uganda