Job Title: Driver
Organization: Mbale Clinical Research Institute (MCRI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Mbale Clinical Research Institute (MCRI) was established as a research unit within Mbale Regional Referral Hospital that progressively developed by undertaking several clinical and biomedical research projects. Over the years, MCRI’s portfolio has gradually expanded to include different studies involving Severe Anaemia, Severe Pneumonia, Hydroxyurea with SCA, Severe Hypoxia, Malaria, alongside many other major studies.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for Vehicle maintenance and Use.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive MCRI staff and officials to meetings, field offices, ports of entry and exit.
• Collect and deliver mail, packages and equipment: and maintains records of all deliveries and distributions.
• Obtains security clearance for any field work
• Performs airport and off boarder pick-up duties.
• Ensure that the assigned vehicle is compliant with the Vehicle Policy requirements.
• Performs minor repairs, arranges for regular maintenance and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
• Ensure safety and custody of the vehicle, including tools.
• Ensure availability of all the required documents/ supplies including vehicle insurance, registration, logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicle.
• Ensure that, in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
• Maintain records for vehicles, logs official trips, records daily mileage, records the use of fuel vouchers, and keeps records on consumption.
• Keep track of insurance and other tax formalities
• Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required.
• Assist in the mailing and distribution of newsletters and publications and arranges to pay office telephone and other bills, as may be required.
People Management & Leadership.
• Ensures that all required driving training is successfully completed and certifications are kept up to date.
• Exchanges relevant information and maintains an open line of communication with colleagues and supervisor.
• When necessary, translates in local language for the head of office and/or official personnel when using the car.
• Actively participates in MCRI operations meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Full completion of defensive driving certification
• A minimum of O’ level Education.
• At least two years of driving experience with a reputable organization
• Knowledge and experience in computer
• Skills in Basic Record/bookkeeping
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing the driving services
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Honesty and Integrity
• Fluent in English- written and spoken.
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines, support team members and uphold team spirit.
How to apply
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
• An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above)
• Recommendation from the previous/current Employer with the contact.
• The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
• Copies of Academic certificates and transcripts for 0’ level
• The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in your current or immediate previous jobs.
• Your daytime contact telephone number; and
• A statement and proof of current remuneration package
• Valid driving permit.
Please submit your application electronically to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Mbale Clinical Research Institute,
Plot 29-33, Pallisa Road,
P.O. Box 1966, Mbale. Uganda
Deadline: 30th November 2021
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 2nd December 2021 and interview will take place between 3rd to 7th December 2021.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mbale, Uganda