To work with others to find lasting solutions to extreme inequality and injustice through locally led humanitarian actions.
To promote a more equal sharing of power and resources in the humanitarian sector between international humanitarian and local and national actors to appropriately and sustainably support effective preparedness and response to particular needs of women, men, children and other socially excluded, marginalized and vulnerable groups in crisis situations. The team is being set to scale up and bolster the growing influence and leadership of Local and National Humanitarian Actors (LNHAs) in Uganda and it aims at enhanced Management and Coordination of the local and national actors empowerment initiative.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide driving services to Oxfam project based activities in different locations including the different campus base.
- Drives project Oxfam staff, visitors or other authorized persons to and from various points while observing and adhering to the standard safety precautions.
- Maintains proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
- Conducts daily vehicle maintenance checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good condition including the general cleanliness to uphold the image of the organization.
- Delivers and collects mails and other documents to and from various offices required.
- Maintains punctuality and courtesy and adheres to traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains confidentially of Oxfam information at all times while executing duties.
- Keeps and maintains proper documentation of all necessary vehicle documents such as insurance, registration documents, travel requests, vehicle log book, discharge of responsibility form by all non-Oxfam passengers.
- Carries correctly filled in and signed waybills whenever goods are transported.
- Assists in basic local purchases and general logistic activities on request.
- Immediately reports any technical failure or damage and need for maintenance to the appropriate member of staff.
- Keeps track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- Accurately fills in the vehicle log book after performing service checks and/or repair activities of the vehicles
- Be eager to and require others to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Valid driving licence, sound driving skills and experience of 3 years preferably in an NGO environment.
- A defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- Sufficient spoken English and any local languages is an added advantage.
- Basic tractor servicing and maintenance skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Sound driving skills and experience
- 3 years preferably in an INGO environment.
- A defensive driving certificate is an added advantage.
- Sufficient spoken English and any other local language is an added advantage.
- Previous exposure to procurement and logistics roles.
- Basic vehicle servicing and maintenance skills.
- Basic record keeping skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Key Behavioral Competencies (based on Oxfam’s Leadership Model)
|Humility||We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.|
|Listening||We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.|
|Mutual Accountability||We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.|
|Self-Awareness||We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.|
|We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.|
How to apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mbale, Mbale, Uganda