ADVERT FOR DRIVER (1 position)
Project: CEMS Hospital project
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete a mechanical checklist prior to each shift to ensure the vehichle is in working order and ready to transport staff to and from required locations, and report any mechanical issues to appropriate service personnel;
- Complete a weekly check up in the operations vehicle and before long trips;
- Ensure the vehichle is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies prior to each day.
- Report accident or other emergency facts to medical personnel and/or law enforcement when necessary;
- Complete appropriate log book sheets as required by employer to record officially each transport- mandatory for the vehicle operations;
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the vehicle assigned to
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and ADRA safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, the vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office-related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service.
- Minimum of O’ level
- Mechanical skills – Mandatory
- 5 years’ experience as a driver with a reputable NGO- Mandatory
- Ability to work in 8 hours shift and on call – Mandatory
- Fluent in English – Mandatory – speaking, understanding and writing
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Valid driver’s license – Mandatory
- From western Uganda-Mandatory
All qualified and interested candidates, should submit their applications online not later than 26th January 2023.
Fill the form below and upload required documents in pdf ONLY.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kyaka, Kyaka, Uganda