The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating over 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda is implementing several projects.
UPMB is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
UPMB is implementing an HIV/AID project in the Rwenzori region and for successful implementation of these projects, UPMB is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team for the following positions, based in the project offices of Kabarole district.
In your applications, clearly indicate the position you are applying for detailed curriculum vitae copies of your academic qualifications and a cover letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, P.O.Box 4127 Kampala, Plot 877, Balintuma Road, Mengo Kampala not later than Friday,26th November, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
The Driver will be responsible for providing day-to-day support in transporting staff/consultants and or goods to project activities in line with vehicle use policies. The Driver oversees maintenance of the vehicle.
- Drives assigned vehicle safely while maintaining courtesy to the passengers and other road users.
- Provides logistical support to all project staff and official visitors to the project areas on official project activities.
- Carries out basic daily routine checks on vehicle maintenance, i.e., checking the oil, lighting, electrical, brakes and tire pressure.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records for all trips in the vehicle log sheet. The log sheet is updated for every destination/stop per trip.
- In liaison with the supervisor and manager responsible for the trip, coordinates movement schedule in the most effective way to avoid interruptions.
- Prepares a monthly vehicle maintenance, service and fuel consumption report and submits to the supervisor for verification by close of business every second day of every month, for the previous month.
- Ensures that the vehicle is always fueled at designated fueling station with the minimum level of fuel (quarter tank).
- Maintains an up-to-date record of vehicles servicing, insurance and brings to the attention of the supervisor date of the next services and or renewal.
- Immediately reports any incidents and or accidents, using the relevant reporting forms, within 24 hours of incident or accident.
- Always maintains vehicle cleanliness both inside and outside.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the vehicles assigned at all times and that of the passenger(s), vehicle accessories and or goods therein.
- Observes and always adheres to traffic rules
- Always ensures safe custody of the fuel card under driver’s care.
- Monitors and verifies that all required repair works are done to satisfaction before the related payment is made.
- Supports technical staff work while in the field.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
- A minimum of Form four (O-Level) certificate.
- Relevant valid driving license.
- At least 3 years driving experience in a similar role in a busy office.
- Basic vehicle mechanical skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with project geographical areas.
- Effective Interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English in both oral and written communication.
- Willingness to support UPMB’s mission.
Deadline – 2021-11-26
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kabarole, Uganda