PAU/HR&A/093/100 DRIVER (6 VACANCIES)
14.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Driver is responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to staff of the Authority and authorized visitors, and will ensure highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security in the execution of his / her duties. He/ she will demonstrate a client
– oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for delivery or collection of mails, documents and other items on behalf of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
14.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Drive the assigned office vehicle for official purposes such as transporting employees to carry out official field activities.
- b) Keep any assigned vehicle in a clean and good
- c) Deliver mail as and when
- d) Ensure that the assigned vehicle is in perfect mechanical condition before transporting any staff or authorized visitors through regular checking of the vehicle.
- e) Keep a clean record of the fuel issued / consumed and journeys made in the logbook to simplify the accountability of fuel
- f) Ensure that routine servicing is done in time by monitoring the service mileage of the vehicle
- g) Keep a tracker to ensure validity of both third party and comprehensive insurances so that they are renewed when
- h) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to
14.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
14.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) Advanced Level b) Defensive driving Certificate.
14.3.2 Working Experience
At least two years of Driving Experience in a Corporate or Public Entity.
14.3.3 Character and Competencies
- a) Risk
- b) Audit planning and c) Analytical skills.
- d) Analytical skills
- e) High level of
- f) Communication and report writing skills.
- g) Interpersonal
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda