3.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Drilling Engineer will participate in the monitoring and regulation of the well drilling engineering activities of the licensees, including aspects related to drilling design and planning, drilling operations, wells maintenance and abandonment. He/she is also involved in reviewing of the drilling engineering proposals, data, and
any other submissions made by the licensees related to drilling engineering to ensure compliance with the relevant laws, regulations, Production Sharing Agreements and best petroleum industry practices.
3.2 KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Participate in the evaluation of the licensee applications and technical proposals related to well drilling design and planning, drilling (directional drilling, BHA & string design, well control), well maintenance and well abandonment and advise on the issuance, renewal, and revocation of
- b) Provide technical support relating to drilling engineering applications, wellsite/rig operations monitoring, and ensure that the wells operations are conducted effectively in a safe, legal, and environmentally responsible
- c) Participate in the evaluation of the drilling, well maintenance and well abandonment aspects of Field Development Plans, Petroleum Reservoir Reports and other technical proposals to identify salient issues and advise the Authority to support regulatory decision
- d) Participate in the review of the proposed work programmes of development and production licensees related to well planning, well design, construction, drilling (directional drilling, BHA & string design), well maintenance and well abandonment to support their timely
- e) Support the review of the proposed budgets of development and production licensees related to well planning, well design, construction, drilling operations, well maintenance and well abandonment to support their timely
- f) Participate in the monitoring of all approved work programmes related to well planning, well design, well construction, drilling operations, well maintenance and well abandonment undertaken by development and production licensees and ensure that they are executed in a timely and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with the relevant standards, legal and regulatory framework, and industry best practices.
- g) Participate in the review of cement design, drilling fluids design, well control operations and procedures submitted by the
- h) Participate in rig and capital well equipment audits and inspections conducted by the
- i) Participate in the review of the drilling engineering related proposals regarding cessation of petroleum activities and decommissioning and make recommendations
- j) Support in the follow up of timely submission of drilling data by development and production license
- k) Provide support in advising on the required procedures, policies and legislation and standards for safe and secure licensee operations related to drilling related operations as well as in the review and update of these as requ
- l) Participate in the preparation, documentation, review, and submission of periodic progress reports related to activities under the Drilling Unit to relevant internal and external stakeholder
- m) Contribute to the planning of activities under the Drilling Unit as well as the achievement of its agreed objectives and performance tar
- n) Participate in activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the Business Unit.
- o) Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
3.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
3.3.1 Basic Qualifications
An Honors Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience and Production or Physical Sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
A minimum of one (1) year’s relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
3.3.3 Added advantage
A Master’s degree in Petroleum or Oil and Gas Engineering from an internationally recognized University / Institution.
3.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Analytical and Report Writing skills.
- b) Interpersonal
- c) Stakeholder Management d) Conceptual and Analytical skills. e) Attention and Meticulous skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda