The officer will lead the day-to-day direct programme implementation of field OVC activities in liaison with the district, facility and community structures. He/she will ensure that mobilization of vulnerable persons and communities for social protection, HIV prevention, and care services is done in line with MGLSD and PEPFAR guidelines within supported communities.
- Conduct assessment of beneficiary households to identify specific OVC needs for program support
- Support functionality of OVC coordination structures at district and sub-district levels
- Lead capacity building initiatives among OVC service providers at various levels
- Support curricula-based initiatives aimed at empowering OVC with life skills and knowledge to prevent HIV and attain decent livelihood.
- Build systems to ensure effective referral and linkages for OVCs to community support structures
- Deliver economic strengthening initiatives to the critically vulnerable OVC households
- Ensure high quality reporting of OVC activities through set national information management systems and funder databases.
- Promote access and utilization of child protection services among vulnerable children, youths and their household members.
- Ensure access to quality legal and protective services among victims of child abuse and survivors of Gender Based Violence
- Strengthen provision of high quality health care packages for OVCs and their households to avert the effects of HIV and AIDS.
- Support OVC case management and beneficiary assessments to track progress towards graduation
- Document and report family and child success stories based on program intervention.
- Carry out monthly data collection, analysis and reporting on OVC activities in the supported district.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the coordinator
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, social sciences or any other related field.
- At least 3 years’ recent experience implementing USG-funded OVC programs.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Teamwork and willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Arua, Uganda