Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Disease Surveillance Officer
Department: Health Systems Strengthening
Location: Uganda – Kabale
Reports To: Technical Director
Direct Reports: None
Contract Duration: 6 months
Closing Date: 10/16/2022
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Disease Surveillance Officer will provide leadership and oversight for all notifiable diseases in the region. He/she will be responsible for monitoring and providing technical guidance on the management of Notifiable disease in the region. The region experiences outbreaks of notifiable diseases like Malaria, Measles, Ebola, Rift Valley Fever among others.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Design strategies that will ensure a robust surveillance system both at the health facilities and the communities within the south western region.
- Monitoring all Notifiable diseases on a weekly basis and provide feedback and technical support to the district teams, health workers and the MOH.
- Provide technical support and build capacity of the program team, district and site teams on the prevention and management of the notifiable diseases as per MOH guidance.
- Provide technical support and build capacity of the CSOs/CBOs and other partners in community surveillance systems.
- Provide technical guidance during the development of annual work plan and participates in the planning and budgeting activities, especially in regard to notifiable diseases.
- Coordinate technical reporting according to defined reporting schedule and write regular monitoring and technical reports as required by EGPAF and the donor.
- Assist in identifying, documenting, disseminating and scaling up best practices on notifiable diseases.
- Any other job related duties reasonably assigned
To be successful, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery, laboratory, Public Health or any other related field.
- A master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with similar projects
- Knowledge of decentralized health system.
- Self-driven and motivated employee
Bonus points if you have:
- Good report writing skills
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Basic knowledge of research data collection methods
- Experience working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Emotionally intelligent individual, with ability to resolve conflicts professionally
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae only as one file in PDF format through the careers link below addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
Deadline for submission of applications is Sunday 16th October 2022. NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kabale, Kabale, Kabale, Kabale, Uganda