PAU/HR&A/090/200: DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION (1 VACANCY)
12.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Director will provide overall leadership in strategy development and effective implementation of the Human Resources and Administration functions in line with PAU’s Strategic Plan to achieve the mandate of the Authority. The Director Human Resources and Administration will report to the Executive Director.
12.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Actively participate and contribute to the development of the Authority’s Strategic Plan.
- b) Drive the overall development of the Human Resources Strategy and provide strategic guidance in its
- c) Draw up annual work plans for the Human Resources and Administration Sections and ensure their effective
- d) Lead the process of Human Resources Budgeting and Manpower Planning
- e) Develop and implement an Annual Training Plan in line with the Strategic and Annual Work plans.
- f) Oversee the management of Human Resources and Administration risks in coordination with the Risk Management Unit and ensure compliance with Human Resource policies and employment
- g) Develop and review Human Resources policies and procedures in the Authority and conduct Human Resource HR surveys and policy benchmarks with comparator organizations to support the Authority’s Human Resources Strategic Objectives.
- h) Lead in the development and implementation of strategies to provide administrative and logistical services to support the smooth running of all Authority business operations, including but not limited to the administrative systems, policies and procedures and tracking/reporting on all construction
- i) Oversee the operations of the Authority fleet, stores, and other organizational assets.
- j) Lead the review and monitoring of policies and systems relating to the management of the Authority’s land and properties to ensure adequate performance.
- k) Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, reward management, employment laws and apply this to communicate changes in policy and practices
- l) Provide leadership to the Directorate
- m) Handle all performance and human resources related matters such as performance management, training, and development, leave management and handling of disciplinary matters amongst
- n) Drive the preparation of Human Resources Data Analytics and their reporting to Board, Management, and all staff, along with other human resource related matters.
- o) Ensure appropriate maintenance and management of the Authority’s corporate records (non-petroleum data), information, and registries.
- p) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to
12.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
12.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or Organizational Psychology, or Social Work and Social Administration, Law, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other related qualification.
- b) Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration (with a specialization in Human Resources Management or related courses).
12.3.2 Working Experience
- a) Twelve (12) years of relevant working experience in a reputable and comparable organization, five (5) of which must have been at a Human Resource managerial
- b) Working knowledge of the Employment Act 2006, and other relevant labor laws c) Working knowledge of the Public Service Standing Orders,
12.3.3 Character and Competencies
- a) Leadership
- b) Decision-making
- c) Stakeholder Management and Engagement d) Interpersonal skills.
- e) Presentation
- f) Ability to work in a busy g) Report Writing skills.
- h) Results
- i) Analytical and Problem-Solving j) Negotiation skills.
- k) Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. l) People Management
- m) Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda