Digital Media Officer: National Agricultural Research Organisation Secretariat
Reports to: Head ICT
Salary Grade: UR 5(i) RS
Overall Responsibility: To manage NARO’s website, digital footprint and accelerate the adoption of digital agricultural innovations in dissemination of NARO’s research outputs.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities: The specific tasks of the successful candidate will be to:
- Manage NARO’s digital footprint including social media, mobile applications, website design, digital media campaigns and digital creative properties.
- Collaborate in the identification, design, preparation, and dissemination of digital or visual agricultural research communication products and genres including templates, success stories, publications, brochures, news articles, press releases, digital posters, briefing notes, key messages, newsletters, animated materials, videos, info-graphics etc., ensuring consistency, accuracy and meeting the needs of NARO’s target audiences.
- Develop and implement a Digital Agricultural Transformation strategy focused on sustainable strategic growth in stakeholder reach and engagement.
- In close consultation with the PRO, develop and maintain a 6-month based audience-centric digital content calendar for NARO’s social media channels.
- Actively engage with the Public Relations Officer in the coverage of NARO’s corporate functions, with the view of capturing knowledge and develop bit-sized digital products for visibility.
- Accelerate the adoption of digital agricultural innovations in the dissemination of NARO’s research outputs.
- Establish a functional and integrated digital innovation hub that provides value added services to farmers and agricultural research.
- Curate and optimize NARO’s web presence with digital campaigns and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) driven approach.
- Facilitate capacity strengthening of NARO staff in developing digital products including briefs, articles, newsletters, podcasts, blog posts and other relevant forms as required.
- Periodically monitor and conduct analytics of the performance and strategic growth of NARO’s digital media platforms to inform content production and areas of improvement.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of NARO’s website including scripting and programming of web site features, applications and system integrations using appropriate programming tools, supporting web authors and users with web page creation and underlying content update for research programs etc.
- Keep up to date on digital media trends and patterns and advise Management accordingly
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or relevant field is an added advantage.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in digital marketing, content writing for digital media or industry experience are added advantages.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital content creation and communication of research outputs.
- At least 3-years’ experience working with dynamic web designs and content management systems like WordPress.
- Familiarity with website security best practices and protocols.
- Proven experience with creative media strategies, analytics and Search Engine optimization.
- Proven ability to manage multiplatform digital media paid campaigns spanning across the digital and social ecosystem.
- Proficient with content editing software such as Camtasia, Adobe creative suite including photoshop and premiere.
- A working knowledge in design and audio-visual production.
Tenure of Office: Five years’ contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Age limit: Not above 50 years
The interested applicants should submit a hard copy of the application specifying the position he/she is applying for with a detailed curriculum vitae prefaced with a statement of not more than 250 words explaining why he or she considers oneself a suitable candidate for the job. He/she should provide names, day-time telephone numbers, e-mail and physical addresses of 3 (three) respectable referees who are able to provide a candid opinion on his/her professional abilities, personal attributes and suitability for appointment to the position applied for. The application letter, CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials should be submitted to the undersigned to reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. on 10th October 2023.
The Director General,
National Agricultural Research Organization,
Plot 11-13, Lugard Avenue
P.O. Box 295,
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda