Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Country Director
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development.
The Digital and innovations coordinator will contribute to the attainment of DCA Uganda Country Programme objectives through ensuring the initiation and integration of digital innovations in the different humanitarian and development programs. Support the development, expansion, and implementation of DCA digital interventions through innovative digital solutions, with a focus on sectors in Digital Finance and Agriculture. Add value to beneficiaries and partners through future digital technology and capabilities, Resource mobilization support functions during the proposal development. He/ She will supervise the financial inclusion Assistant and work closely with the innovations staff in DCA headquarters to ensure that the organization’s innovation priorities are implemented in the Country Office.
Position Responsibilities and Duties.
- The Digital and Innovation Coordinator (DIC) will support the development, expansion, and implementation of DCA digital interventions through innovative digital solutions, with a focus on sectors in Digital Finance and Agriculture.
- Provide overall leadership in driving implementation of digital activities; reporting, analyzing, and identifying trends to enable data driven decisions.
- Expand and develop digital strategic initiatives that will drive the digitalization of DCA projects with the beneficiaries in the center.
- Facilitate the Collaborative Digital transformation Platforms in Uganda as well as participate in relevant technical working group meetings and relevant sector meetings.
- Actively engage local partners to follow market trends and seek opportunities for improvement through own staff. This should happen with a special focus on livelihoods interventions.
- Support digital innovation work through leveraging with partner innovation accelerators/hubs.
- Support diversity and a help fostering a culture of continuous improvement within digital transformation.
- Assist in project and proposal development as well as preparation and implementation of reviews and evaluations of projects.
- Identify learning, training and knowledge sharing opportunities for staff and partners including ACT members in relation to digital transformation.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders including private sector, NGOs, and government, building strong relationships to facilitate the implementation of the programme and ensure sustainability of the interventions.
- Build relationships with donors at country and global level to raise funds for the programme.
- Document lessons from implementation for learning, accountability, and improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; (IT, computer science or other related discipline).
- 7years of work experience with 5 years of private sector experience (banking sector).
- Experience working in humanitarian response, programme with livelihoods and development work is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of financial inclusion pillars and methods to deliver financial inclusion.
- Digital experience, innovative and motivated by finding and testing new approaches.
- Experience in facilitating training modules and focused group discussions using adult education participatory methods.
- Experience in developing managing and implementing multiple projects with defined objectives, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation of results.
- Excellent collaboration skills with demonstrated ability of collaboration with various partners including government.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team effort.
DCA’s Uganda Program:
DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda since 1979, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are in livelihoods and food security, Humanitarian response and Civil Society. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through the link below. National vacancies (danchurchaid.org)
Deadline for Applying: 25th /January/2022. If you previously sent in your application, there is no need re-apply
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status, religious, political, or ethnic affiliation.
While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda