Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party, Uganda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated program in Karamoja, Uganda, funded by USAID. The activity will build households’ resilience, focusing on food and water security, so that they can mitigate and adapt to shocks and stressors without compromising their health and nutrition.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and general technical direction to the Activity. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position is envisioned to be based in Moroto or Kampala, Uganda.
- Provide technical assistance to activities that improve participants’ resilience, food security and water security
- Support the development of annual work plans, annual and quarterly reports, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives
- Provide input into the performance monitoring plan to measure success and validate causal model assumptions
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools, and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation
- Develop interventions that address system constraints and identify leverage points for appropriate action, support, or investment
- Ensure the incorporation and implementation of inclusive gender and youth positive approaches
- Integrate adaptive management systems and a culture of collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) that encourages the flow of information and reflection to maximize performance and continuous improvement across project teams and external partners
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon
- Coordinate activities with government officials, other development partners, stakeholders, and institutions active in the target areas
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, economics, rural development, finance, or relevant field is required; master’s degree is desired.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in WASH, food security, climate smart agriculture, rural development, enterprise development, or related field.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with other donors, government institutions, and private sector organizations, effectively interacting with municipal government counterparts and local organizations.
- Experience working in Uganda preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Ugandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please apply online at
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Karamoja, Karamoja, Uganda