Jhpiego is seeking a Data Officer to join our team in Kampala, Uganda. The Data Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor. He/she will track all services delivery data and support data collection and entry into the project and national DHIS2 system. The officer will conduct data verification exercises on a regular basis to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the submitted data. He/she will ensure follow up on facilities with discrepant data, perform routine data cleaning, back up, and update the project database according to the results of the data verification. He/she will also ensure that project reports are properly filed for easy reference.
- Ensure all facility reports are reviewed using data management standards i.e. timeliness, completeness and accuracy, and in consultation with the MER Advisor.
- Ensure the data is tracked and verified for consistency and quality issues prior to being keyed into the system.
- Follow up on missing reports and those that have quality and consistency issues with the respective facilities to allow for timely updates.
- Conduct routine data cleaning on the database and maintenance in consultation with the MER Advisor.
- Ensure routine back-up is conducted and computers used for data entry meet security requirements by updating passwords and updating of anti-virus software.
- Generate/update data summary reports to be shared with project teams on a monthly basis.
- Update reporting facility and commodity reporting rates.
- Extract data on a regular basis for specific indicators from the national database (DHIS2)
- Conduct GIS mapping of health facilities as needed.
- File properly monthly data immediately after every monthly entry for future reference.
- Participate in MER trainings and follow up on facility data quality issues/queries as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Statistics or related field. A Diploma in a relevant field (M&E, Health Records, Project planning and Management coupled with relevant experience can be considered in lieu of a university degree).
- Three years, experience in data analysis preferably health related data.
- Experience working with MoH systems and personnel is an asset.
- Proven computer skills in a data analysis application such as SPSS, Excel or MS Access.
- Familiarity with DHIS 2 is an asset.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work.
- Effective communicator and team player, instilling trust and confidence.
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda