The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Data manager will work collaboratively with Division biostatisticians to provide technical oversight to Division data teams and health facility teams to ensure generation and maintenance of high quality data for use to guide health service planning and implementation efforts.
- Provide leadership and management oversight to Division data teams to ensure timely delivery on key project tasks.
- Lead mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of District and facility teams to generate and maintain high quality patient data using standard HMIS tools.
- Guide establishment of systems that support confidentiality and safe storage of medical records within facility premises and archive sites at all times.
- Support Division teams to maintain up-to-date electronic and paper-based records of all patients attending care in all division health units.
- Build systems to support stock monitoring and management of data tools and all data-related supplies to avert stock outs within supported Divisions.
- Support Division-wide performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities to continuously guide implementation of key project activities.
- Guide Divisions and health facility teams to conduct regular data quality assessments, and to implement and document data quality improvement activities.
- Support facility data teams to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports into standard databases according to the set project, donor and MoH reporting timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Competence in electronic data base packages
- Good communication, leadership, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Has strong computer skills and literacy with competence in electronic data base packages
- Good understanding of public health systems, local government structures and the national Health Management Information Systems (HMIS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, IT or a relevant field.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS data management and information systems development
- Strong computer skills are an added advantage.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda