Position Number: MUWRP/03/11/2022
Position Title: Data Entry Specialist (4) Positions
Position Location: Mukono General Hospital.
Contract Tenure: 6 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) was established in 2002 for the primary purpose of HIV vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda. It is one of the 5 international research sites established by the Department of Defense (DoD) United States HIV Research Program (MHRP), a program centered at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland. MUWRP’s main facility is centrally located in Kampala, within a short distance from the Makerere University College of Health Sciences where the MUWRP laboratory is located. The main facility includes the clinic, administrative and data offices.
Under the supervision of the Senior Data Manager, the incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to receive and handle data, process and send to the respective collaborating projects as well as data archiving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for verification, coding, cleaning and filing of study documents
- Responsible for data entry work of the questionnaire respondent codes.
- Organization of entered questionnaires according to clusters and visits
- Safe custody and retrieval of entered questionnaires.
- Identifying and reporting errors to responsible Study personnel.
- Participate in Filling and archiving of documents
- Perform any other relevant duties as might be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Education and Knowledge and experience:
- At least a Degree in Computer Science or Statistics.
- A minimum of 2years relevant experience.
- Data entry in a Clinical /biomedical research environment is an added advantage.
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Highly organized and sensitive to detail
- Quick at learning and adopting to research setting environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Personal integrity, liable and dependable
Supervisory controls: The candidate will report directly to the Senior Data Manager
Physical Ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The ability to frequently travel between MUWRP sites in Uganda.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda