|Job Title||Court Clerk/Process Server||Job Grade||UCC11|
|Section||Litigation and prosecution|
|Reports To||Officer Prosecution||Supervises||None|
|File legal documents in courts of law and provide legal services to the department|
|1. Ensure that all pleadings and other legal documents are properly served on the parties that are entitled to service under the law within the statutory timelines.2. Maintain an accurate court diary of all ongoing cases.
3. Maintain an updated report of all court matters.
4. Ensure that all court documents that require filing are duly filed in court within the set timelines.
5. Provide day to day legal advisory support services.
6. Draft legal documents as assigned from time to time.
7. Obtain payment slips and obtain requisite approval for all documents that require payments before filing.
8. Ensure that all documents that require commissioning are duly commissioned before they are filed in Court.
9. Ensure that all pleadings and other legal documents are properly served on the parties that are entitled to service under the law within the legal timelines.
10. Maintain and continuously update a diary of all ongoing cases.
11. Prompt all advocates handling cases of any approaching deadlines and court schedules.
12. Liaise with court clerks to harmonize the Commission’s dairy with the Court’s cause list.
13. Ensure that all ongoing cases are properly entered into the case register/database.
14. Ensure that all new cases are duly recorded and entered into the case register/database.
15. Perform any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time relating to matters and pleadings before Court.
|Education and Professional qualifications|
|• Diploma in Law from the Law development Centre• Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)
• Certification as a Court Process server
|• At least 2 years’ experience as a Court clerk/process server in a large organization or busy law firm• Familiarity with the court processes and protocols
• Working knowledge of the procedural laws in Uganda.
|Skills, Knowledge and Abilities|
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda