Job: Country Director
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: DanChurchAid is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and founded in 1922. Our key competencies are food security and food crisis response, humanitarian cash transfer programming, civil society development and humanitarian mine action. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, which is a faith-based, non-missionary humanitarian alliance, and one of the five largest NGO Alliances in the world with a combined turnover of over 1.5 billion USD annually.
Job Summary: As Country Director, you are the overall manager of the DCA Uganda programme. You are responsible for developing strategic direction and jointly with the DCA Uganda team ensure high quality, accountable and innovative programme implementation that supports vulnerable communities in Uganda. You lead the DCA country management team, securing good staff welfare and a constructive working environment with a strong emphasis on security management. You play a key role in expanding the programme, you are responsible for maintaining relations to the government, donors, UN, and other key stakeholders. You drive partnership development, identifying new and innovative partnerships with NGOs, faith-based organizations, private sector, and research institutions. DCA has supported the most vulnerable communities in Uganda since 1979, and the current programme is built around these global goals for DCA:
- Saving Lives and Building Resilient Communities, where our focus is on humanitarian assistance with a nexus approach, food security and livelihoods. Our work involves a multitude of innovative cash interventions, environment and energy activities, climate adaptation and mitigation, support to markets and value chains, private sector engagement, financial inclusion, digitalization of saving groups, access to credit and vocational training of youth.
- Fighting Extreme Inequality where emphasis is on local and national public accountability, national dialogue and business and human rights.
- We focus on youth and we operate with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach. In our development work DCA works with both faith based and secular local partners; in our humanitarian work, we mainly do self-implementation.
- The DCA Uganda team consists of 100+ staff, you are based in Kampala with regular travel to five field offices. Our budget is currently 6-7 million USD and our main geographical area of operation is in the North and West of Uganda. .
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid (DCA) Country Director job must have five years of proven experience in leadership and results-based management at a County Director level or equivalent position.
- At least 10 years documented experience in managing development and humanitarian programmes
- Experience in integrated refugee and host community i programming (Nexus), cash-based programming, digital solutions, market-based livelihoods, women and youth empowerment, good governance and extensive experience working with local partners.
- Proven experiences with successful fundraising and donor relations, UN, private sector and innovative processes.
- Cultural sensitivity, strong communication skills, proven diplomatic skills and the ability to build relations both within and outside DCA
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and create a conductive work environment
- Entrepreneurial drive and commitment to getting the job done
- Holds a relevant tertiary academic education at Master’s level
- Fluency in English – oral as well as written
- Fluency in Danish – oral as well as written is not a requirement but an advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd May 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda