The Counsellor will provide a full package of HIV Prevention interventions and on-going psycho-social support to individuals at high risk of contracting HIV, clients living with HIV, their families and community members to ensure holistic HIV/AIDS care and strengthen uptake of all service packages delivered within IDI-supported facilities and communities.
- Support mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality psycho-social support and care services to individuals infected and affected by HIV.
- Participate in team-based clinical care of TB and HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard treatment guidelines.
- Lead efforts in identification and linkage of new PLHIV through optimization of facility-based HTC activities, implementation of partner services, and through targeted community HTC initiatives.
- Support establishment and functionalization of psycho-social support groups including adolescent clubs, Sero-discordant couple clubs, and family support groups to strengthen adherence to HIV/AIDS treatment and to promote uptake of preventive service packages.
- Guide facility teams to deliver high quality HIV/AIDS care and preventive services for Key Populations using non-discriminatory gender-sensitive models.
- Participate in client education and facility sensitization to continuously build knowledge among patients attending IDI-supported health facilities.
- Participate in performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI-supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Participate in identification, implementation and documentation of continuous quality improvement activities along the HIV continuum of response and along client care and treatment cascades.
- Participate in facility and community efforts to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
- Participate in compilation and submission of accurate facility HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Up-to-date knowledge of national HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment policies.
- Good communication, organization and management skills.
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct.
- Has computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with PEPFAR HIV programming
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Degree in Social sciences, Education, SWASA or related field.
- Training in HIV/AIDS from a recognized institution
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda