PAU/DP/032/601 COMPLETIONS ENGINEER (1 VACANCY)
4.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Completions Engineer will participate in the monitoring and regulation of the well completions engineering activities of licensees including aspects related to well completions engineering design and planning, well completions operations, workover operations, well maintenance, well integrity and well abandonment operations. He/she is also involved in reviewing completions technical proposals, data, and any other submissions made by the production licensees related to well completions engineering to ensure compliance with the relevant laws, regulations, Production Sharing Agreements, and best petroleum industry practices.
4.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Participate in the evaluation of the licensee applications and technical proposals related to well completions design planning, and execution of well completions projects, well interventions, workovers, and abandonment to facilitate the issuance, renewal, and revocation of
- b) Provide technical support relating to completions engineering applications, field- based operations monitoring, and ensure that the wells operations are conducted effectively in a safe, legal, and environmentally responsible
- c) Participate in the evaluation of well completions, maintenance, and workover aspects of Field Development Plans, Petroleum Reservoir Reports, and other technical proposals to identify salient issues and advise the Authority to support regulatory decision
- d) Participate in the review of proposed work programs of development and production licensees related to well completions, maintenance and workover operations to support their timely
- e) Support the review of the proposed budgets of development and production licensees related to well completions & work over operations to support their timely approval.
- f) Participate in the monitoring of all approved work programmes related to well design, well construction, completions, work-over operations, maintenance, well integrity exercises, and abandonment undertaken by development and production licensees and ensure that they are executed in a timely and cost- efficient manner, and in compliance with the relevant standards, legal and regulatory framework and industry best
- g) Participate in the review of the well completions, maintenance and workover proposals regarding cessation of petroleum activities and decommissioning and make recommendations
- h) Support the evaluation and optimization of wellbore completions designs with input from drilling and production
- i) Support in the follow up of timely submission of completions related data by development and production licens
- j) Provide support in advising on the required procedures, policies and legislation and standards for safe and secure licensee operations related to well completions and workover operations as well as in the review and update of these as require
- k) Participate in the preparation, documentation, review and submission of periodic progress reports related to activities under the Completions Unit to relevant internal and external stakehold
- l) Contribute to the planning of activities under the wells Completions Unit as well as the achievement of its agreed objectives and performance
- m) Participate in activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the Business Unit.
- n) Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
4.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
4.3.1 Basic Qualifications
An Honors Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience and Production or Physical Sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
4.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of one (1) year relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
4.3.3 Added advantage
A Master’s degree in Petroleum or Oil and Gas Engineering from an internationally recognized University / Institution.
4.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Analytical and Report Writing skills.
- b) Interpersonal
- c) Stakeholder Management d) Conceptual and Analytical skills
- e) Negotiating
- f) Attentive and Meticulous
- g) Technical skills related to Petroleum Completions.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda