Reports to: Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Legal Officers
Department: Legal and Board Affairs
- Report to the chairperson and often liaise with board members.
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees, and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points.
- Convene and service AGMs, take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with appropriate departments.
- Provide legal, financial, and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
- Ensure policies, and regulatory, or statutory changes that might affect the organization are up to date and approved by the committee.
- In case of lawsuits, investigating the cause of the litigation, collecting evidence that is permissible in the court of law, and preparing all the groundwork required to prosecute the case
- Ensuring that all the Company’s licenses, agreements, and permits are valid and renewing legal contracts before they lapse.
- Ensuring that all statutory matters regarding Company compliance are done.
- Maintained statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries.
- Handle correspondence, collate information, write reports and communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Implement processes or systems to ensure good management of the organization.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Take an active role and provide valuable input to management decisions related to sharing issues, mergers, and takeovers.
- Review contractual agreements with suppliers and customers to ensure the company is legally covered.
- Participate as a legal secretary on the contracts committee
- Attend to all labour disputes of the company at labour office and industrial court
- Liaise with the Solicitor and Attorney General on all relevant matters concerning the company.
- Carry out annual departmental appraisals.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in law.
- Diploma in Legal practice.
- A relevant Master’s qualification will be an added advantage
- Proven experience at senior management level preferably in a busy legal firm or company for at least 7 years.
- Excellent knowledge about all matters of law related to the field of work, which can range from corporate companies to Government organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of government legal practices
- Knowledge of East African Legislation
- High level of maturity, ethics, and integrity with a clean track record
- Proven managerial, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Proven corporate planning knowledge and skills.
- Proven presentation and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal, human relations, and team management skills.
- Analytical, accuracy, and judgmental skills.
- Project management and networking skills.
- Good training and coaching skills
- A confident, independent, articulate and reliable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Entebbe, Entebbe, Uganda