Job: Community Specialist-Family Health (2)
Community Specialist-Family Health (2)
- Technical planning, design, programming, and implementation of community activities
- Provide oversight on the implementation of community activities including leadership engagement and supporting formation and functionality of community health structures.
- Provide above site technical support to USG IPs including USAID- TASO-LPHS-Acholi activity
- Work closely with District Health Educators and Community Development Office to strengthen community-based structures that will create demand for RNMCH, Nutrition, FP, WASH, Malaria and GBV services; and also act as a major platform for referrals and linkages to enhance access to these services.
- Provide technical leadership for the development of work plans and supervisory support for the development and implementation of community action plans for the project.
- Support local CBOs and RH groups to conduct community education and mobilization to generate demand for RNMCH, WASH, FP, Malaria at the community and health facility levels.
- Support continuous community quality improvement approaches for family health services in Acholi-sub-region.
- Support implementation of the project’s core activities and strengthen community engagements to increase access, and retention of available integrated health services (Malaria, nutrition, family planning, and maternal, neonatal and child health care) in collaboration with the DHT, local leaders and existing community groups or CSOs.
- Strengthen the performance management and capacity building mechanism for community resource persons and peer group structure that the project engages to implement the integrated project.
- Mentor and coach community leaders/peer facilitates and other community resource people in the implementation of their advocacy role in the available health services at health facilities.
- Strengthen Knowledge base and Advocacy on community health system strengthening activities
- Organize and facilitate periodic reviews meetings of community MNCH/SRH/FP, Malaria, WASH, and Nutrition activities at the health center level with the involvement of VHTs, community representatives, health center staff and members of the DHMT.
- Contribute to documentation of best practices and success stories that will contribute to the body of knowledge in the area of provision of integrated family health services at the community level and strengthening community engagement.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting on community health system strengthening activities
- Support proper documentation and data tracking tools for community health system strengthening activities at the RHITES-N, Acholi
- Maintain up-to-date statistics and community program data in collaboration with the M&E department for the project’s community related performance reporting.
- Participates in regular project monitoring and evaluation as required to ensure integration of gender equality into programming and learning.
- Supports monitoring of the overall community activities in RHITES-N, Acholi project, gathers lessons learned, and builds upon strengths and improves on weaknesses.
- Facilitate data collection from community intervention activities and health facilities.
- Prepare timely and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the activity implementation progress.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the community cadres and ensuring that the project assets are properly secured and kept in good working condition.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Social Sciences: Social Work, Development studies, Community psychology, Gender / Women Studies, Public Health, or other related fields. A Master’s degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- 4-6 years’ experience in implementing community health integrated programs especially those related MNCH, Malaria, SRH, WASH Family Planning and Health System Strengthening.
- Experience in building capacity at individual, community, and organizational levels.
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs at the community level, psychosocial support, and integrating health service delivery into community structures.
- Experience in formation and supporting functionality of community support/peer groups.
- Knowledge of community structures and cultural practices in the Acholi sub-region, northern-Uganda is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
- Good analytical skills and ability to support a cross section of frontline health and community workers.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Kitgum, Uganda