Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Community Services Assistant for our program in Uganda to be based at Kyaka II Office You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Community Services Officer, the Community Services Assistant will be responsible for empowering Persons with Special Needs to enhance Quality and healthy life for sustainability development. He / she will also be responsible for community involvement and ownership to enhance sustainability and empowerment of Refugees in the Settlement.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Community Services officer contribute to achieving monthly targets for the sub sector
- Develop monthly plans for Community services programs
- Follow the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as ALIGHT guidelines and accountability standards.
- Carry out and support all outreach activities in the Refugees settlement such as mobilization, sensitization, counseling etc for Refugee to realize full potentials and build on self-mechanism.
- Responsible for effective and efficient follow up of individual cases of beneficiaries for support
- Conduct community leaders meetings including planning meetings, AGDM Verification and Needs assessment
- Active participation in the process of CRI distribution for POCs from Alight side- coordination, pre awareness raising and post monitoring, litigation desk etc. as per standards
- Support to PSN:
1. Participate from Alight the process of PSN profiling and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
2. Ensure PSN support is provided as per needs assessment and profiling
- Strengthening of community structures:
- Responsible for providing support of community based structures in the settlement to Community services officer
- Responsible for managing the structures assigned by community services officer
- Participate and support community services officers in conducting needs assessment and providing, tracking and monitoring of support provided to 1. Community self-management structures 2. Community groups – as per agreed programs of UNHCR and BPRM
- Strengthening of community:
- Participate and co lead the quality trainings – with pre and post-tests, training reports and clearly documenting impact of trainings on persons trained
- Community Complaint Mechanism
- Responsible for functionality of all Complaint Response mechanism are fully functional (suggestion boxes, FRRM, Protection desks, Community structures)
- Share information on monthly trends on complaints received with community services officer to gauge which methods is working well and or not and putting in corrective actions
- Ensure completion of targets/ activities assigned for Accountability to Affected Population Plan (e.g. FGDs etc) – how, what, when, where, who is developed – all data received should be documented as per each sub sector
- Share findings of /weekly flash reports on major protection incidents and risks. in the settlement with protection Manager.
- Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans.
- Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Be in charge of organizing, mobilizing and facilitating international events days in the settlement such as Women days, World Refugees days, Youth days, 16 days of activism etc.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the supervisor.
- Conduct strategic development and empowerment village informational meetings with the RWC leader
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Community Psychology, Education, Development studies
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Community Development services with an INGO
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strong computer skills.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda