Position Number: MUWRP/02/11/2022
Position Title: Community Outreach officer (1) Position
Position Location: Mukono General Hospital.
Contract Tenure: 6 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Position summary: To promote meaningful and mutually beneficial community participation in MUWRP-Mukono based Research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain close collaborative links with study communities through meetings with key stakeholders and study participants and working closely with project leaders on providing feedback to stake holders.
- Conduct meetings with peer leaders of study participants to guide organization’s operations with the study population
- Develop, implement and evaluate volunteer recruitment strategies and outreach efforts to increase awareness of, and enrolment into clinical research studies
- Facilitate enrolment of research volunteers into the study.
- Administer questionnaires to research volunteers
- Conduct health education to Research Participants
- Work with the research team to monitor and follow up of study participants for study compliance
- Identify and bring to the attention of the research team, key barriers to research participant recruitment
- Conduct behavioral oriented counseling on psycho social issues for research participants
- Conduct home visits for the research volunteers if needed.
- Take part in organizing project’s events and commemoration of the HIV international days
- Engage in public relation activities within and out of the organization
- Facilitate CAB functions.
Required Education and Knowledge and experience:
- At least a higher Diploma in Adult and community education, social science, Journalism, Mass communication or related field.
- Sound knowledge of how to engage communities in research and understanding factors that facilitate community participation.
- Experience in Health communication, and stakeholder engagement.
- Use of media technology, preparing IEC materials.
- Ability to work outside regular work hours.
- Experience working in a research environment and recruiting of diverse study population is an added advantage
The candidate will report to the Community Outreach Coordinator.
Physical ability: The ability to travel within the work site and field stations.
How to Apply
DEADLINE : 3RD/DEC/2022
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mukono, Mukono, Uganda