With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Community Development Assistant
Report to: Assesement Facilitator
Location: Yumbe & Adjumani District
Advert Start Date: 23rd November 2022
Advert End Date: 30th November 2022
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to conduct community engagement and design processes with the community starter group members.
Community Engagement, Assessment and Design Process
- Support in data Collecting and community engagement on community perception on WV identity
- Support in disseminating of information in a message box and engage
- Support community in Developing a community communication plan
- Support the Identification and engagement of key stakeholders at parish and sub-county level, Engaging local partners in the wellbeing activities.
- Support and supervise the starter groups in their community engagement and exploration of the local context in the focus areas.
- Support and supervise the assessment team on Identification of the most vulnerable in the focus areas and vulnerability assessment processes.
- Mapping capacity and resources of the community and community in Reflection and planning for base level at each step of critical path for the next step.
- Organize and support community summit at Parish level
- Support the community in setting community vision and priorities with starter groups members.
Sponsorship Community engagement and RC Registration.
- Sharing the vision and priorities with the wider community for validation.
- Raising community awareness for sustainability and transition.
- Support and engage the community in Celebrating the efforts and solidarity of critical path steps completions.
- Manage Child Sponsorship communications and registration processes of RCs.
- Registration of Children in sponsorship program and sharing their histories with SO.
Communication with NO and SOs
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs.
Minimum Skills and Abilities, Education, Training and Experience Requirements to Qualify for the position:
- Diploma and/or a Bachelor Degree in Humanities (Development studies, social sciences, SWASA, Economics, community development, Community Psychology and other related Disciplines)
- Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid ridding permit.
- Work experience in Community engagements, Assessment and Qualitative/Quantitative data collections especially using FGD & KII methodology.
- Knowledge of Local Language (Lugbara, Kakwa or Arabic))
- At least one- two years’ work experience in a refugee and development country programming context
- Fresher; No work experience can as well apply
- Knowledge in computer Literacy
- At least 1year field experience in a refugee and development country programming context.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Adjumani, Adjumani, Uganda