- Rural community members in Uganda (smallholder farmers, agri-business & refugees) have the knowledge, skills and behaviors needed to access and use digital services. They have better access to training and education through digital channels.
- New business models and technologies for delivering services are scaled for rural communities in the education, health, finance, agriculture and energy sector.
- Rural community members have improved access to and increasingly use digital payment accounts.
- The Government of Uganda implements policies that enable access and usage of digital services.
Scope of Work
UNCDF Uganda would like to hire Communications Associate to support the formulation and implementation of the communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness with its partners, the media and the public. The Communications Associate will support colleagues in the Country Office and Programme Presences to ensure effective implementation of communications strategies, media relations and organizational outreach efforts.
The Communications Associate reports directly to Knowledge Management Analyst.
- Provide logistical support to communications and advocacy efforts and campaigns, e.g., by supporting the organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, and other publicity events and providing inputs to briefing materials and press releases, as necessary. Provide administrative support to the development of the IDE communications and advocacy materials;
- Draft press releases, articles, key messages, and another advocacy materials;
- Review translations, contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production;
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials and photos;
- Follow guidelines from HQ.
Provide support in the management of the IDE social media presence and website.
- Gather information for the development of content for the UNCDF website and social media channels;
- Update the website and social media channels, as required;
- Maintain files, databases, and systems relevant to the IDE’s digital presence;
- Track and monitor social media and report relevant information to IDE staff;
- Research, compile and produce reports on web statistics on a regular basis and electronic surveys;
- Design and create social media content (infographics, videos, GIFs, social media cards etc.).
Provide media relations support to the IDE.
- Maintain and update database of relevant press in country;
- Respond to requests for information, as delegated;
- Gather and compile inputs for talking points.
Facilitate knowledge management and sharing.
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and lessons learned;
- Support trainings and workshops on communication practices;
- Support and organize partner events, meetings, workshops, trainings;
- Provide/ exchange information with partners, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor;
- Provide support on special web/digital/media projects undertaken by the IDE.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication & Relationship Management
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Political Science or a related field with 3 years’ experience or High school certificate with relevant specialized certification with 6 years’ experience.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in providing support to the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies and related plans;
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) as well as web-based management systems;
- Experience in the use of social media and digital communication;
- Proven skills in the production of communication products in a variety of formats such as publications and videos;
- Experience working with international organizations, developing country governments, donor agencies and / or NGOs and other civil society groups involved in various sectors of international development;
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is preferable;
- Proven experience in management of events and coordination of contributions from partners and stake holders;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely, ideas and concepts in written and oral form, specific skill in writing stories, articles for print and electronic media;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive, self-motivated and team player.
- Full fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda