The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Clinical Officer will ensure delivery of quality TB and HIV/AIDS care and treatment services to clients by providing technical support to health facility teams in assessment, diagnosis & and management of patients
- Support leadership to facility-based technical team members to ensure timely delivery on key project tasks.
- Support mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality TB and HIV/AIDS care services.
- Provide clinical care to TB and HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard care and treatment guidelines.
- Support appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior care specialists and tertiary treatment centers.
- Support performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI-supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along client care and treatment cascades.
- Coordinate and support facility efforts in follow up of clients to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
- Support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Up-to-date knowledge of national HIV/AIDS clinical management protocols
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- Diploma in Clinical medicine and community health
- Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council.
- Training in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infections
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda