The CLIENT LIAISON OFFICER will report to the Centre Manager, and her main role is to maintain the high Client care standards expected by MSUG and actively work to promote the smooth running of the centre and contribute to improved financial performance.
It is particularly important that the CLIENT LIAISON OFFICER is able to sustain a close and collaborative partnership with operational staff in the support office and field, so that centre deliverables remain a focus of operational activities. The CLO will be able to work productively with the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Operations and Social Business teams to ensure that Centre activities serve the indicators in MSUG’s Business Plan.
1. Client Centred: dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high quality, high impact services that meet clients’ individual requirements.
2. Courageous: Have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
3. Mission Driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice, not chance.
4. Accountable: Ownership of our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the Partnership.
Client Liaison Officer Any of our 15 centres Center Manager Business Operations Manager 3 months
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver post abortion care, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
Key Responsibilities Measure
This post has four key responsibilities and related deliverables:
1. Customer Service
2. Front Desk Management
3. Financial Administration
4. Records Management
5. Supplies management
• Providing Unconditional positive regard for every customer/client at the Centre.
• Ensure the Centre Maintains the best customer handling standards and train all staff at the Centre to provide the best customer experience.
• Ensure that clients are welcomed and offered a sit on arrival.
• Efficiency of service and minimize client waiting time.
• Client follow up, support and building positive relationship to increase client loyalty.
• Ensure client feedback is received, recorded, shared with management, and follow through to address all issues raised. • Excellent customer Service
• Minimised patient waiting time
• Evidence of client loyalty
• Accurate record of client feedback.
• Evidence of follow through to address issues raised.
Front Desk Management
• Ensure that the reception area and client toilets are clean and stocked of necessary supplies.
• Ensure that the office is fully operational in terms of power, water, Phone, Office equipment.
• Receive and redirect incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Make official telephone calls on behalf of staff and ensure that accurate records are kept.
• Liaise with Administrator in terms of Centre staff welfare i.e. uniforms, Ids.
• Provide administrative support to the centre team especially in report writing.
• Identify gaps in cash flows at the centre and report to the centre manager/Business operations manager for prompt actions
• Monitor utility consumption (water and electricity), receive and forward all utility bills and keeping a track record of this. • Effective use of petty cash.
• Accurate & timely performance reports.
• Accurate & accessible records.
• Level of organisation and priotisation.
• Timely completion of reports
• Level of compliance to MSU Policies and Procedures.
• Quality of phone etiquette.
• Level of Cleanliness of reception area.
• Receipt and reconciliation of all centre income.
• Ensure that all services taken by clients are recorded in EHR and the finances paid by clients are wholesomely reflected in EHR. It’s the duty of the CLO to ensure that all payments are made at the front desk. No payments should be made in any other rooms.
• Fill out the daily income reconciliation summary at the end of the day using EHR financial summaries and the physical cash collected and give the money and summary to the centre manager for banking.
• Review and reconcile corporate income in EHR against what is reflected in corporate claims and ensure that the figures balance. Compile corporate reports after thorough review with the centre manager and submit both soft copies and hard copies of the reports to the Manager Corporate business within the agreed time limits. The CLO should take full responsibility for the mistakes and losses in corporate income that arise from her negligence or lack of efficiency at work.
• Ensure that all client notes have correct money noted and receipt numbers are recorded.
• Ensure availability, proper utilisation, Accountability and reconciliation of Petty cash.
• Ensure that all clients pay for the services taken. • Team support and coordination
• Accuracy in filing and documentation
• Accuracy in Petty cash reconciliation.
• Proper records management ensure confidentiality and maintenance a record of vital client information.
• Ensure all client notes are filed in alphabetical order so all notes can be found easily. Existing client notes should all be stored together so a full record can be achieved.
• Ensure all client information entered into the EHR system is correct and verifiable, traceable and authentic.
• Ensure that collected client information in the system is not accessible to third party persons. All gargets in your control must have a password known to you only as a means of securing client information. All client information requests must be passed through the manager.
• Ensure that petty cash records, client consent forms, client receipts, utility bills and reconciliation summaries are stored safely for future reference.
• Ensure that the Corporate claims reports and duplicate claims are kept safely in files for further reference.
• Keep inventory record of all MSU property at the Centre including consumable supplies. • Level of confidentiality exercised in dealing with centre clients.
• Manage centre assistants and care taker’s workload and ensure that the centre environment is clean and well maintained.
Effective Supervision of centre assistant
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
• University Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
• At least 3 years experience in sales, Business development and management with a big, fast paced business organisation
1. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel, Power point and internet is mandatory.
2. Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities; ability to present and write influentially for multiple audiences
3. Ability to work well with others in team environments, build consensus and drive change
4. must be able to satisfy stakeholders.
5. should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
6. Strong people management skills
7. Able to think strategically and a good planner
8. Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change.
9. Posses’ leadership personality, and able to take on and solve problems quickly and efficiently
10. Ability to stay on track and deliver even under pressure.
• Willingness to work beyond the stipulated business working
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSU is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are 13 key behaviours that MSU encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
• Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
In this role, you must predict quality issues that might arise and plan to address them
You will take initiative with your team and across the CMT to realise efficiencies and impact
• Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
In this role creativity will be needed to inspire service providers to achieve results across a range of varied contexts
• Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
In this role your team will feel listened to, well informed, know what they should be doing through the efficient use of management time
• Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
The role is part of the CMT and together with them takes responsibility for the delivery of MSU’s strategic plan
Working together is essential in achieving results
• Responsive Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
Your plan will be clearly made out and changes will be agreed and reported regularly and on time
• Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
As part of the CMT and in order to meet the needs of contractual obligations to investors/donors your work will be clear accountable and effective
• Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Timely action will be taken on information regarding your areas of responsibility
• Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
This post-holder must actively seek knowledge that can be shared and keep the teams up to date on latest views
Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
Regular reporting will indicate ability to conceive, design and deliver on results
• Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda