Reports to: Logistics Team Leader
Supervisor of: None
Duty station: Kampala
Duration and type of contract: Five (05) Months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: Dedication, Innovation, Inclusivity and Accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Position open to Ugandan Nationals and /or residents only. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Clean the offices, meeting rooms, washrooms/WC, kitchen and other common areas such as the compound
- Ensure compliance with NRC procedures and policies
- Ensure that washrooms are properly stocked with wash requirements
- Dust and polish furniture, windows, doors and equipment
- Empty waste paper baskets, dustbins and shredding machines
- Prepare and serve tea and coffee to NRC staff and visitors
- Report any relevant gaps, damages and breakages to line manager
- Support the administration with ad hoc duties
- Clean all offices, the kitchen, other rooms and the compound within the office premises.
- Ensure there is enough water for use in the office kitchen and washrooms.
- Support the Logistics Team Leader to monitor the stock of office supplies and report any deficiencies.
- Make timely request for Office Supplies and ensure proper accountability for their consumption
- Support staff to ensure there is hot water available for tea at any time
- Dusting the office and cobwebbing each room to make it convenient for use.
- Ensure that all the washrooms are well stocked with the necessary supplies.
- Perform any other roles as may be assigned by the Supervisor
- Experience from working as a Cleaner in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- ’Level Certificate, Higher academic qualification will be added advantage
- Two years’ experience working as an Office Cleaner in a humanitarian set up
- INGO experience will be added advantage
- Computer skills will be added advantage
- Good spoken and written English is essential.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda