With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Child Sponsorship Systems Officer
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Kamwenge District
Advert Start Date: 9th August 2022
Advert End Date: 16th August 2022
To Effectively Coordinate and Provide Technical support Cluster Community Engagement Sponsorship Operations within partnership standards for the wellbeing of children.
Management of Child Sponsorship Systems
- Manage Sponsorship systems both Technical and Business processes within partnership guidelines.
- Carry out timely system upgrade, maintenance and provide timely feedback on Child Sponsorship systems requested by NO and GC/SOs.
- Support Staff and partners on utilization of the horizon mobile phone and any other new gadgets.
- Support the Cluster/ AP with IT related issues (Cluster IT Focal Persons)
- Carry out system data quality audit (RC Bio data, monitoring field, and participation and GN implementation).
- Functional Cluster Sponsorship Systems and Phones to do Sponsorship Field Operations
- Staff and Volunteers demonstrate capacity to use the Sponsorship systems.
- All cluster IT related issues identified and reported in time for management action
- Authentic data in horizon system( Quarterly field reports
Coordination of Child Sponsorship operations
- In a timely manner, ensure entry of quality child data and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring, and participation) into Child Sponsorship systems. (100% data entered for all RCs).
- Generate, compile, analyze and submit monthly systems and Child Wellbeing reports to management.
- Analyze variance reports, Child Status Reports, Project reports and guide the Programme/ cluster team in utilizing information for effective and efficient sponsorship operations
- Coordinate periodic mailing of APR and Christmas Cards.
- Ensure quality assurance of all sponsorship operations indicators.
- Identify and build capacity of Staff and partners in child sponsorship operations.
- Coordinate with the CSDF and develop an annual integrated monitoring plan.
- Effectively manage and track all RC and family Participation in WV Programs through implementation of the annual integrated monitoring plan in line with the sponsorship standards
- Support SOOs in Community engagement and sensitizations on Sponsorship model
- SOIs responded to and implemented within equal to or above 95% every month(All SOIs kept in green on a monthly basis)
- Quality child wellbeing report generated every 15th shared and reflected on with AP team monthly.
- Provide and reflect on weekly SOI, case management status and maintained RC management at 100%- or + 2% weekly
- 100% postage of quality APR cards and Christmas cards to sponsors per set standard
- All SOIs and Rich media contents reviewed for timeliness, completeness and validity
- Cluster Staff and Volunteers equipped with skills and competences to deliver Sponsorship
- Cluster/AP annual integrated monitoring plan in place.
- RC participation tracked, updated and reflected on within the cluster/AP as per the monitoring plan quarterly.
- Improved sponsorship and community engagements.
Manage Communication and Sponsor Relations
- Coordinate communication between sponsors and RCs for the AP
- Communicate with Support office in compliance with sponsorship standards (timely notification on anticipated delays and reasons to justify)
- Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards
- Monitor and advise staff on Child Sponsorship communications from Cluster to NO/SOs.
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs to the allocated APs with the SOO and CSDF.
- Perform an intermediary role on critical communications between allocated APs and NO/SOs.
- Increased Coordination between cluster and National Office
- Safeguarded sponsor information and systems from unauthorized access( all incoming correspondences checked for sponsor information, sponsorship office and gadgets accessed by authorized staff/ partner)
- Timely and Excellent communications between NO/SO and Clusters
Management of Sponsorship Initiatives
Effectively manage implementation of Partnership initiatives (CDPCs, Sponsorship 2.0, and Digital Story Teller) in line with the partnership guidelines and timeframes.
- Develop AP initiative Implementation Plan and roll out as per NO timelines.
- Effectively manage implementation of initiative(s) as per plan and report on progress, recommendations within partnership guidelines.
- Train, coach and mentor staff and partners on the initiative and follow-up on utilization of the initiative.
- Provide technical support to Staff and partners on the initiatives
- Follow up with staff and Partners to ensure 100% return on investment of CDPCs materials, horizon mobile phones, and digital story teller materials through 100% utilization of the systems for the intended objectives.
- Sponsorship 2.0 Child and Community contents delivered within planned timeframes
- CDPCs established and functional, RC participation tracked and reported monthly
- Staff and Volunteers Capacity development in new initiatives (Capacity needs assessment for COVAS and SOOs conducted and documented on a quarterly basis)
- All materials used for RC participation and engagement and tracked for usability
Management of external engagements with SOs
Ensure quality and timely Communications between Cluster, NO and SOs.
- Establish and coordinate timely delivery and dispatch of messages/ correspondences
- Manage Sponsor visits to their sponsored children in Uganda in line with child Sponsorship standards.
- Arrange for the visits (Organize all logistic needs).
- Attend to Sponsors and follow up on child and adult safe guarding issues, submit sponsor visit report.
- Document and share with Programme key findings from sponsor visits, recommendations and opportunities
- All correspondences posted to sponsors within 2 weeks of completion.
- Sponsor Visits coordinated and managed at the cluster within the Sponsorship and Protection standards.
- Sponsor visits engagement reports submitted per set standard
- Child and Adult Safe Guarding
- Ensure that Videos and photos being sent to NO, SOs/GC have consent forms signed by guardian/parents.
- Ensure all RCs have a signed consent form on file.
- Organize the internal child and adult safe guarding committee meetings at the cluster offices.
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any violations in accordance with the child and adult safe guarding policy and guidelines
- Ensure child and adult safe guarding compliance standards at the cluster/AP.
- All sponsorship 2.0 Media contents checked for violations of child and adult safe guarding policy
- All RC signed consent forms on file
- Case management and violation of child & adult safe guarding policy cases addressed on a quarterly basis.
- Staff and partners demonstrate understanding of child and adult safe guarding policy
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A University Degree information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems and Statistics or any other related field.
- 3 years Experiences and knowledge in data entries, analysis and data base management are added advantage
- Computer literate, Computer skills in Windows, MS Excel, Word, publisher and power point, MS Access and Data analysis tools.
- Must be a committed Christian
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda