Job: Child Protection Associate (UN Diploma Jobs)
Organization: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Vacancy Notice: Internal/ External Vacancy notice UNOPS/003/2021
Position Number: UNOPS/003/02
Position Grade: LICA-6
About US: The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Child Protection Associate normally reports to the Protection Officer. He/she monitors protection standards, operational procedures and practices in protection delivery in line with international standards and provides functional protection support to information management and programme staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate quality, timely and effective protection responses to the needs of populations of concern (children, women, survivors of SGBV, including men and boys).
- Identify opportunities to mainstream CP protection methodologies and integrate protection safeguards in operational responses in all sectors.
- Contribute to designing a comprehensive protection strategy and liaises externally with authorities and partners on protection doctrine and policy as guided by the supervisor.
- Ensure that persons of concern under area of responsibility are involved with the Office in making decisions that affect them, whether in accessing their rights or in identifying appropriate solutions to their problems.
- Build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and protection and assistance partners.
- Perform any duties as may be required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Registration Assistant job placement should hold a High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher Certificates and/or Licenses in International Law, Political Science or related field is required.
- Six years of relevant experience is required.
- Working knowledge of English is required
- Analytical thinking
- Technological awareness
- Planning, organizing and adaptation to work under pressure
- Negotiation and respect for cultural diversity
- Political awareness
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Basic knowledge of the principles of protection and assistance to asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern is desirable.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 26th April 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda