Reporting to the Banking Systems Operations Manager, the Banking Systems Operations Administrator is responsible for maintaining a safe stable environment on which the core banking application(T24) runs, the position is responsible for ensuring all integrating technologies are secure and up to standard with the trend. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
- Performing Close of Business (COB) processes in a timely manner daily to guarantee integrity of the Business Reports.
- Ensure uptime of Core Banking and web servers for availability 24 x 7 x 356 and timely resolution and documentation of faults in the Core Banking environment.
- Confirm and ensure completion of Extraction and distribution of POST COB reports into the designated system.
- Ensure smooth transmission of transaction files through file transfer tools to various destinations.
- Owning all core Banking calls assigned in the ITSM & ECRM system to carry out problem investigation and analysis, follow-up with the respective teams/users and update the status with issue resolution and follow-up for closure.
- Analysis and resolution of Core Banking related issues which have been escalated from bank support team/ users during operations and maintain proper documentation/logs for resolution provided. Core Banking issue logging, documentation and reporting.
- Monitor the Core Banking (system performance on I/O waits, system and database locks, TOKEN (T24 user licenses) usage and system speeds
- Support other teams like the Core Banking Development and Quality assurance teams on operational requests like running of batch jobs, data extraction, running of COB etc in a test environment.
- Troubleshoot, analyse code bugs and generate root cause analysis.
- Co-ordinate with support teams and product vendor in case of product bug/enhancement requirement and follow up with the vendor for early resolution and solution.
- Ensures that Core Banking system and other Banking applications are in compliance with established IT policies, procedures, and standards.
Skills And Requirements
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria,
Academic & Professional;
- Bachelor of Science/Computer Science/Information Technology
- T24 Coding and development
- Certification in database management
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems, AS400 and UNIX
- Core Banking Systems management especially T24.
- Linux system administration.
- IT Service Management.
- Knowledge of SQL and database management Systems is a must.
- Technical experience supporting Core banking system in medium to large organizations and advanced hands on Core Banking Systems skills. Significant experience in supporting databases (preferably Oracle, postgresssql and/or Microsoft SQL).
- Application development skills.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and other scripting languages like Perl, Python, PHP etc.
- OCP, MCDBA, and Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX certification preferably HP-UX and LINUX will be desirable.
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 29th September 2021.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda