This role requires the complete and autonomous ability to operate and maintain all the electro medical apparatus in use at the projects.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The international biomedical equipment technician reports to the Biomedical Division at the Technical Office of EMERGENCY in Italy (HQ) and to the Medical Coordinator who is in charge of the organisation and management of the project. You will coordinate, supervise and work alongside the local staff in your area of responsibility. A propensity for teaching would also be useful, to enable the professional growth of the national staff team members.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the international biomedical equipment technician are:
- maintenance and repairs of the full range of medical equipment present at the project, of all levels of technology;
- preventative maintenance;
- training and mentoring of the staff in the correct and appropriate use of medical equipment;
- to search the market for new apparatus, spare parts, consumables etc. at both national and international levels.
MANAGEMENT OF STORES AND SUPPLY ORDERS
The technician is in charge of managing supply orders in his/her area of responsibility, in collaboration with the Biomedical Division of the Technical Office in Italy (HQ). The biomedical equipment technician is also in charge of managing stores in his/her area of responsibility (spares and consumables).
MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING OF LOCAL PERSONNEL
Clinical activities and patient care are always carried out alongside and in collaboration with local personnel, who thus benefit from training in the field. There is also provision for more specific teaching activities, managed by the international specialists, in accordance with the individual needs of each hospital.
The technological level of the equipment present in the Centres is suited to the clinical and managerial protocols in use, and the level of professional autonomy of the national staff, with the aim of achieving – and sustaining – high standards of care.
The apparatus varies according to the project, and falls into the following categories:
- laboratory apparatus for clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, microscopy, blood gas analysis;
- diagnostic imaging apparatus (fixed and portable X-ray, CT scan, angiography, ecography);
- Operating Theatre and Intensive Care equipment (autoclaves, diathermy, surgical lights, mechanical ventilators, anaesthetic equipment, infusion pumps, oxygen concentrators…);
- other equipment (electrocardiograph, pulse oximeter, multiparameter vital signs monitors, suction devices…).
Further information on the equipment, apparatus and organisational set-up of the projects will be provided at interview.
- Relevant experience in hospital settings;
- excellent organisational and managerial skills;
- good working knowledge of electronics;
- good working knowledge of the Office software package;
- available to travel to different projects/countries.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
How to Apply
Send your application to email@example.com
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda